*“Selfies” with President Obama may no longer be allowed after baseball star David Ortiz orchestrated one for a Samsung publicity stunt.
“Maybe this will be the end of all selfies,” White House Senior Adviser Dan Pfeiffer said about the incident Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “(Obama) obviously didn’t know anything about Samsung’s connection to this.”
Ortiz, a.k.a. Big Papi of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox, took the shot on April 1 when his team was invited to the White House to be congratulated by the President. It was revealed a day later that the photo, taken with Ortiz’s Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone, was actually organized by the Korean telecom giant.
“Someone who uses the President’s likeness to promote a product… that’s a problem with the White House,” Pfeiffer added Sunday. “We’ve had conversations with Samsung about this and have expressed our concerns.”
Ortiz tweeted the picture, prompting more than 42,000 retweets, including one by the official Samsung account — to the company’s more than 5.2 million Twitter followers.
After the stunt, Samsung revealed it had a marketing deal with Ortiz and admitted that company officials had “worked with David and the team on how to share images with fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here