*As further proof that 2014 is the year of the beauty deal, Alicia Keys will be the new face of Parfums Givenchy‘s next fragrance project, due out in September. The company’s global president, Thierry Maman, said of Keys:
“She’s a remarkable woman whose charismatic personality and magnetic beauty are perfectly in line with what Givenchy has always been: noble, distinctive and unexpected. We very much look forward to working with her on an exciting new perfume project.”
Keys joins Jourdan Dunn, Lupita Nyong’o and Zoe Saldana, among others, as Black celebrities who have recently inked beauty deals. This is Keys’ first venture into the fragrance business. Most of her projects outside of music has been philanthropic, such as her HIV/AIDS activism. At this year’s ESSENCE Festival, Keys will host a special ESSENCE Empowerment Experience panel on Friday, July 4th called “Through Love of Self, Family and Community, Empowering Black Women to End AIDS.” In a one-hour conversation, Keys will speak to women whose lives have been impacted by the virus.
*And in other news the question on the minds of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” fans, following a cryptic tweet from cast member NeNe Leakes is: Is girlfriend fixin’ to be in the “past tense” of RHOA? On the heels of rumors that Leakes might be getting the ax from the reality show, the former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant posted this tweet:
“Good morning tweetie pies! Never continue n a job u don’t enjoy! Follow ur passion & success will follow u! Hav a great day.”
Talk about giving somebody a heads up!
After the show’s Season 6 reunion show, there were several reports as to who will not be returning to the hit Bravo show. Earlier reports suggested Kenya Moore and Porsha Williams were being let go, but now, new reports claim that NeNe’s contract has not been renewed.
But Leake’s rep tells The Rumor Fix, “there is no truth to the story.”
As always, stay tuned…
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here