*As further proof that 2014 is the year of the beauty deal, Alicia Keys will be the new face of Parfums Givenchy‘s next fragrance project, due out in September. The company’s global president, Thierry Maman, said of Keys:
“She’s a remarkable woman whose charismatic personality and magnetic beauty are perfectly in line with what Givenchy has always been: noble, distinctive and unexpected. We very much look forward to working with her on an exciting new perfume project.”
Keys joins Jourdan Dunn, Lupita Nyong’o and Zoe Saldana, among others, as Black celebrities who have recently inked beauty deals. This is Keys’ first venture into the fragrance business. Most of her projects outside of music has been philanthropic, such as her HIV/AIDS activism. At this year’s ESSENCE Festival, Keys will host a special ESSENCE Empowerment Experience panel on Friday, July 4th called “Through Love of Self, Family and Community, Empowering Black Women to End AIDS.” In a one-hour conversation, Keys will speak to women whose lives have been impacted by the virus.
*And in other news the question on the minds of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” fans, following a cryptic tweet from cast member NeNe Leakes is: Is girlfriend fixin’ to be in the “past tense” of RHOA? On the heels of rumors that Leakes might be getting the ax from the reality show, the former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant posted this tweet:
“Good morning tweetie pies! Never continue n a job u don’t enjoy! Follow ur passion & success will follow u! Hav a great day.”
Talk about giving somebody a heads up!
After the show’s Season 6 reunion show, there were several reports as to who will not be returning to the hit Bravo show. Earlier reports suggested Kenya Moore and Porsha Williams were being let go, but now, new reports claim that NeNe’s contract has not been renewed.
But Leake’s rep tells The Rumor Fix, “there is no truth to the story.”
As always, stay tuned…
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here