*You can now call her “Dr. Queen of Soul”…again.
Aretha Franklin and seven other distinguished guests received honorary degrees from Harvard University on Thursday during its 363rd commencement ceremony.
The legendary singer, 72, accompanied herself on piano to perform a gospel-flavored rendition of the national anthem that had people cheering.
Franklin received an honorary doctor of arts degree during the ceremony, adding to her growing collection. Earlier this month, she picked one up from New York University. [See pic below.]
Former president George H.W. Bush and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg each received doctor of laws degrees from Harvard.
Also, an honorary doctor of letters degree was given to Latin author Isabel Allende.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here