*You can now call her “Dr. Queen of Soul”…again.
Aretha Franklin and seven other distinguished guests received honorary degrees from Harvard University on Thursday during its 363rd commencement ceremony.
The legendary singer, 72, accompanied herself on piano to perform a gospel-flavored rendition of the national anthem that had people cheering.
Franklin received an honorary doctor of arts degree during the ceremony, adding to her growing collection. Earlier this month, she picked one up from New York University. [See pic below.]
Former president George H.W. Bush and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg each received doctor of laws degrees from Harvard.
Also, an honorary doctor of letters degree was given to Latin author Isabel Allende.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here