*You can now call her “Dr. Queen of Soul”…again.
Aretha Franklin and seven other distinguished guests received honorary degrees from Harvard University on Thursday during its 363rd commencement ceremony.
The legendary singer, 72, accompanied herself on piano to perform a gospel-flavored rendition of the national anthem that had people cheering.
Franklin received an honorary doctor of arts degree during the ceremony, adding to her growing collection. Earlier this month, she picked one up from New York University. [See pic below.]
Former president George H.W. Bush and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg each received doctor of laws degrees from Harvard.
Also, an honorary doctor of letters degree was given to Latin author Isabel Allende.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here