*You can now call her “Dr. Queen of Soul”…again.
Aretha Franklin and seven other distinguished guests received honorary degrees from Harvard University on Thursday during its 363rd commencement ceremony.
The legendary singer, 72, accompanied herself on piano to perform a gospel-flavored rendition of the national anthem that had people cheering.
Franklin received an honorary doctor of arts degree during the ceremony, adding to her growing collection. Earlier this month, she picked one up from New York University. [See pic below.]
Former president George H.W. Bush and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg each received doctor of laws degrees from Harvard.
Also, an honorary doctor of letters degree was given to Latin author Isabel Allende.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here