*As expected, not everyone received an invite honor Barbara Walters during her final episode of “The View.”
The Huffington Post reports that longtime ABC News anchor Carole Simpson took to Facebook to air out her grievances on Saturday, saying she was “very sad” and is now “very mad” that she wasn’t among the over two dozen women who celebrated Walters’ career on “The View.”
“I guess ABC News, after my 24 years there, still considers me persona non grata,” she wrote.
Simpson long history in the news business is one she says Walters played an important role in. The journalist, who is regarded as being the first African-American woman to anchor a major network newscast, called Walters her “idol” and has spoken in the past about the positive influence the legendary reporter had on shaping her career. Walters and Simpson were colleagues at ABC News in 1982. In 1992, Simpson became the first African-American and female presidential debate moderator.
“The black woman anchor, who had to speak her mind for herself and others, is erased from ABC history,” Simpson stated in her Facebook post.
On Monday, ABC News issued a response to Simpson’s comments. A spokesperson for the show told The Huffington Post that “ABC News had nothing whatsoever to do with producing the tribute to Barbara Walters.”
Carole Simpson’s full post from Facebook:
“I wonder why I wasn’t included among the two dozen network newswomen and anchors who feted Barbara Walters at a private party and then on “The View?” We both worked at NBC and ABC at the same times. She is my idol and I believe she knows that. At first I was very sad and now I am very mad. I guess ABC News, after my 24 years there, still considers me persona non grata. The black woman anchor, who had to speak her mind for herself and others, is erased from ABC history. I will say a solo goodbye to Barbara and ABC news can just…”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here