*According top the AP, R&B singer Chris Brown admits probation violation, ordered to 131 days in jail.
In court Friday afternoon, the singer/dancer admitted he violated his probation by getting into a fight with a guy in Washington D.C.
Because of that the judge gave him a year behind bars. But fortunately for him, he won’t have to do the full sentence because he got credit for 116 days he spent in rehab, and another 59 days in lockdown. That leaves 131 days he has to serve.
TMZ notes that Brown could have received a 4-year sentence, but caught a break because the judge took into account he was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which could account for some of the violence.
In addition to the jail sentence, Brown was ordered to attend therapy sessions 2 times a week and he must submit to random drug testing 3 times a week.
On top of all the preceding, Brown is not clear of legal issues; his D.C. assault trial is set to start in several months.
But there is some possible good news for Chris Brown concerning his jailing. It’s possible he could be released a lot earlier because of overcrowding in the jail.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here