*According top the AP, R&B singer Chris Brown admits probation violation, ordered to 131 days in jail.
In court Friday afternoon, the singer/dancer admitted he violated his probation by getting into a fight with a guy in Washington D.C.
Because of that the judge gave him a year behind bars. But fortunately for him, he won’t have to do the full sentence because he got credit for 116 days he spent in rehab, and another 59 days in lockdown. That leaves 131 days he has to serve.
TMZ notes that Brown could have received a 4-year sentence, but caught a break because the judge took into account he was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which could account for some of the violence.
In addition to the jail sentence, Brown was ordered to attend therapy sessions 2 times a week and he must submit to random drug testing 3 times a week.
On top of all the preceding, Brown is not clear of legal issues; his D.C. assault trial is set to start in several months.
But there is some possible good news for Chris Brown concerning his jailing. It’s possible he could be released a lot earlier because of overcrowding in the jail.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here