*Paul Mooney has long been known to make a person laugh, but the comedy legend has reportedly been dealing with a serious issue for well over a year.
According to rollingout.com, Mooney has been battling prostate cancer. As a result, the condition has taken its toll physically on the funnyman, who now uses a wheelchair and cane.
Apparently, few knew the status of Mooney’s health as he’s continued to perform his stand-up comedy routine. However, the comedian, who also made is mark as a writer on shows such as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “In Living Color,” “Pryor’s Place,” “The Richard Pryor Show,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Good Times” and “Sanford and Son” among others, currently receives assistance from a cane as well as brother, Rudy Mooney.
“I’ve been with Paul since the start of this thing,” stated Rudy Mooney to Rolling Out. Worries regarding whether Paul Mooney can continue his comedy career have become a nonissue right now as the longtime Oakland, California resident still travels all over the country and Canada to perform his brand of comedy.
Despite his determination to continue on with his career, evidence of Mooney’s declining health was found recently during an appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Rolling Out reports the performance was hard one to watch for people who know Mooney as the entertainer sat in a chair after walking out with a cane. After starting his routine, Mooney lost his way several times during the performance.
To see Paul Mooney’s discuss his health with Roland Martin, check out the video below:
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here