*Paul Mooney has long been known to make a person laugh, but the comedy legend has reportedly been dealing with a serious issue for well over a year.
According to rollingout.com, Mooney has been battling prostate cancer. As a result, the condition has taken its toll physically on the funnyman, who now uses a wheelchair and cane.
Apparently, few knew the status of Mooney’s health as he’s continued to perform his stand-up comedy routine. However, the comedian, who also made is mark as a writer on shows such as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “In Living Color,” “Pryor’s Place,” “The Richard Pryor Show,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Good Times” and “Sanford and Son” among others, currently receives assistance from a cane as well as brother, Rudy Mooney.
“I’ve been with Paul since the start of this thing,” stated Rudy Mooney to Rolling Out. Worries regarding whether Paul Mooney can continue his comedy career have become a nonissue right now as the longtime Oakland, California resident still travels all over the country and Canada to perform his brand of comedy.
Despite his determination to continue on with his career, evidence of Mooney’s declining health was found recently during an appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Rolling Out reports the performance was hard one to watch for people who know Mooney as the entertainer sat in a chair after walking out with a cane. After starting his routine, Mooney lost his way several times during the performance.
To see Paul Mooney’s discuss his health with Roland Martin, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here