*Paul Mooney has long been known to make a person laugh, but the comedy legend has reportedly been dealing with a serious issue for well over a year.
According to rollingout.com, Mooney has been battling prostate cancer. As a result, the condition has taken its toll physically on the funnyman, who now uses a wheelchair and cane.
Apparently, few knew the status of Mooney’s health as he’s continued to perform his stand-up comedy routine. However, the comedian, who also made is mark as a writer on shows such as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “In Living Color,” “Pryor’s Place,” “The Richard Pryor Show,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Good Times” and “Sanford and Son” among others, currently receives assistance from a cane as well as brother, Rudy Mooney.
“I’ve been with Paul since the start of this thing,” stated Rudy Mooney to Rolling Out. Worries regarding whether Paul Mooney can continue his comedy career have become a nonissue right now as the longtime Oakland, California resident still travels all over the country and Canada to perform his brand of comedy.
Despite his determination to continue on with his career, evidence of Mooney’s declining health was found recently during an appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Rolling Out reports the performance was hard one to watch for people who know Mooney as the entertainer sat in a chair after walking out with a cane. After starting his routine, Mooney lost his way several times during the performance.
To see Paul Mooney’s discuss his health with Roland Martin, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here