*Paul Mooney has long been known to make a person laugh, but the comedy legend has reportedly been dealing with a serious issue for well over a year.
According to rollingout.com, Mooney has been battling prostate cancer. As a result, the condition has taken its toll physically on the funnyman, who now uses a wheelchair and cane.
Apparently, few knew the status of Mooney’s health as he’s continued to perform his stand-up comedy routine. However, the comedian, who also made is mark as a writer on shows such as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “In Living Color,” “Pryor’s Place,” “The Richard Pryor Show,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Good Times” and “Sanford and Son” among others, currently receives assistance from a cane as well as brother, Rudy Mooney.
“I’ve been with Paul since the start of this thing,” stated Rudy Mooney to Rolling Out. Worries regarding whether Paul Mooney can continue his comedy career have become a nonissue right now as the longtime Oakland, California resident still travels all over the country and Canada to perform his brand of comedy.
Despite his determination to continue on with his career, evidence of Mooney’s declining health was found recently during an appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Rolling Out reports the performance was hard one to watch for people who know Mooney as the entertainer sat in a chair after walking out with a cane. After starting his routine, Mooney lost his way several times during the performance.
To see Paul Mooney’s discuss his health with Roland Martin, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here