*Paul Mooney has long been known to make a person laugh, but the comedy legend has reportedly been dealing with a serious issue for well over a year.
According to rollingout.com, Mooney has been battling prostate cancer. As a result, the condition has taken its toll physically on the funnyman, who now uses a wheelchair and cane.
Apparently, few knew the status of Mooney’s health as he’s continued to perform his stand-up comedy routine. However, the comedian, who also made is mark as a writer on shows such as “Chappelle’s Show,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “In Living Color,” “Pryor’s Place,” “The Richard Pryor Show,” “Saturday Night Live,” “Good Times” and “Sanford and Son” among others, currently receives assistance from a cane as well as brother, Rudy Mooney.
“I’ve been with Paul since the start of this thing,” stated Rudy Mooney to Rolling Out. Worries regarding whether Paul Mooney can continue his comedy career have become a nonissue right now as the longtime Oakland, California resident still travels all over the country and Canada to perform his brand of comedy.
Despite his determination to continue on with his career, evidence of Mooney’s declining health was found recently during an appearance on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Rolling Out reports the performance was hard one to watch for people who know Mooney as the entertainer sat in a chair after walking out with a cane. After starting his routine, Mooney lost his way several times during the performance.
To see Paul Mooney’s discuss his health with Roland Martin, check out the video below:
- A Blunted Out Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here