*Compton is looking to honor one of its own.
The city’s mayor Aja Brown tells TMZ that she wants to award the record producer, rapper and businessman a key to the city.
According to the website, she’s reached out to Dre’s camp to offer the honor in recognition of his entrepreneurial spirit, which got a 3.2 million boost last week with news of his pending Beats Audio deal with Apple.
Brown tells TMZ she’s also asking Dre, born Andre Young, to help her restore the city, saying it would be great if he got involved in sponsoring performance arts or music programs in the CPT.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here