*Compton is looking to honor one of its own.
The city’s mayor Aja Brown tells TMZ that she wants to award the record producer, rapper and businessman a key to the city.
According to the website, she’s reached out to Dre’s camp to offer the honor in recognition of his entrepreneurial spirit, which got a 3.2 million boost last week with news of his pending Beats Audio deal with Apple.
Brown tells TMZ she’s also asking Dre, born Andre Young, to help her restore the city, saying it would be great if he got involved in sponsoring performance arts or music programs in the CPT.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here