*Compton is looking to honor one of its own.
The city’s mayor Aja Brown tells TMZ that she wants to award the record producer, rapper and businessman a key to the city.
According to the website, she’s reached out to Dre’s camp to offer the honor in recognition of his entrepreneurial spirit, which got a 3.2 million boost last week with news of his pending Beats Audio deal with Apple.
Brown tells TMZ she’s also asking Dre, born Andre Young, to help her restore the city, saying it would be great if he got involved in sponsoring performance arts or music programs in the CPT.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here