*Compton is looking to honor one of its own.
The city’s mayor Aja Brown tells TMZ that she wants to award the record producer, rapper and businessman a key to the city.
According to the website, she’s reached out to Dre’s camp to offer the honor in recognition of his entrepreneurial spirit, which got a 3.2 million boost last week with news of his pending Beats Audio deal with Apple.
Brown tells TMZ she’s also asking Dre, born Andre Young, to help her restore the city, saying it would be great if he got involved in sponsoring performance arts or music programs in the CPT.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here