The event, which raised over $1 million for UCLA’s Operation Mend, was held at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
The multiple Grammy Award winner was honorned with the “Mr. Wonderful” award for his lifetime acts of philanthropy.
EURweb associate Shannice Johnson, got a chance to ask Mr. Robinson how he felt about being “Mr. Wonderful” for the organization.
“That’s not what I think about myself, I’m blessed, very blessed; it’s ironic or funny to me that people give me awards for doing what I love,” the 74-year-old, still youthful-looking Robinson, humbly responded.
The Thalians origination, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases. UCLA Operation Mend works to treat soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Watch Smokey Robinson and Shannice Johnson on the red carpet:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here