The event, which raised over $1 million for UCLA’s Operation Mend, was held at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
The multiple Grammy Award winner was honorned with the “Mr. Wonderful” award for his lifetime acts of philanthropy.
EURweb associate Shannice Johnson, got a chance to ask Mr. Robinson how he felt about being “Mr. Wonderful” for the organization.
“That’s not what I think about myself, I’m blessed, very blessed; it’s ironic or funny to me that people give me awards for doing what I love,” the 74-year-old, still youthful-looking Robinson, humbly responded.
The Thalians origination, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases. UCLA Operation Mend works to treat soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Watch Smokey Robinson and Shannice Johnson on the red carpet:
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here