The event, which raised over $1 million for UCLA’s Operation Mend, was held at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
The multiple Grammy Award winner was honorned with the “Mr. Wonderful” award for his lifetime acts of philanthropy.
EURweb associate Shannice Johnson, got a chance to ask Mr. Robinson how he felt about being “Mr. Wonderful” for the organization.
“That’s not what I think about myself, I’m blessed, very blessed; it’s ironic or funny to me that people give me awards for doing what I love,” the 74-year-old, still youthful-looking Robinson, humbly responded.
The Thalians origination, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases. UCLA Operation Mend works to treat soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Watch Smokey Robinson and Shannice Johnson on the red carpet:
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here