The event, which raised over $1 million for UCLA’s Operation Mend, was held at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
The multiple Grammy Award winner was honorned with the “Mr. Wonderful” award for his lifetime acts of philanthropy.
EURweb associate Shannice Johnson, got a chance to ask Mr. Robinson how he felt about being “Mr. Wonderful” for the organization.
“That’s not what I think about myself, I’m blessed, very blessed; it’s ironic or funny to me that people give me awards for doing what I love,” the 74-year-old, still youthful-looking Robinson, humbly responded.
The Thalians origination, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases. UCLA Operation Mend works to treat soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Watch Smokey Robinson and Shannice Johnson on the red carpet:
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here