The event, which raised over $1 million for UCLA’s Operation Mend, was held at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
The multiple Grammy Award winner was honorned with the “Mr. Wonderful” award for his lifetime acts of philanthropy.
EURweb associate Shannice Johnson, got a chance to ask Mr. Robinson how he felt about being “Mr. Wonderful” for the organization.
“That’s not what I think about myself, I’m blessed, very blessed; it’s ironic or funny to me that people give me awards for doing what I love,” the 74-year-old, still youthful-looking Robinson, humbly responded.
The Thalians origination, led by President Debbie Reynolds and Board Chair Ruta Lee, has raised over $30 million in support of mental health diseases. UCLA Operation Mend works to treat soldiers wounded during service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Watch Smokey Robinson and Shannice Johnson on the red carpet:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here