*Herbie Hancock’s memoir is scheduled to hit the streets this fall.
Publisher Viking announced Thursday that the Grammy-winning musician’s book, titled “Herbie Hancock: Possibilities,” has a release date of Oct. 28. The memoir will be co-written by Lisa Dickey, who has also worked on books by Jane Lynch and Cissy Houston.
A former member of Miles Davis’ band, the 74-year-old Hancock is known for such compositions as “Rockit” and “Cantaloupe Island.” He is one of the few jazz performers to achieve widespread success with pop audiences.
Hancock’s deal with Viking was first announced in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here