*Herbie Hancock’s memoir is scheduled to hit the streets this fall.
Publisher Viking announced Thursday that the Grammy-winning musician’s book, titled “Herbie Hancock: Possibilities,” has a release date of Oct. 28. The memoir will be co-written by Lisa Dickey, who has also worked on books by Jane Lynch and Cissy Houston.
A former member of Miles Davis’ band, the 74-year-old Hancock is known for such compositions as “Rockit” and “Cantaloupe Island.” He is one of the few jazz performers to achieve widespread success with pop audiences.
Hancock’s deal with Viking was first announced in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here