*Herbie Hancock’s memoir is scheduled to hit the streets this fall.
Publisher Viking announced Thursday that the Grammy-winning musician’s book, titled “Herbie Hancock: Possibilities,” has a release date of Oct. 28. The memoir will be co-written by Lisa Dickey, who has also worked on books by Jane Lynch and Cissy Houston.
A former member of Miles Davis’ band, the 74-year-old Hancock is known for such compositions as “Rockit” and “Cantaloupe Island.” He is one of the few jazz performers to achieve widespread success with pop audiences.
Hancock’s deal with Viking was first announced in 2012.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here