*Herbie Hancock’s memoir is scheduled to hit the streets this fall.
Publisher Viking announced Thursday that the Grammy-winning musician’s book, titled “Herbie Hancock: Possibilities,” has a release date of Oct. 28. The memoir will be co-written by Lisa Dickey, who has also worked on books by Jane Lynch and Cissy Houston.
A former member of Miles Davis’ band, the 74-year-old Hancock is known for such compositions as “Rockit” and “Cantaloupe Island.” He is one of the few jazz performers to achieve widespread success with pop audiences.
Hancock’s deal with Viking was first announced in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here