*Janelle Monae was a no-show at a gig in Melbourne, Australia Saturday night after suddenly falling ill.
The singer headed Down Under earlier this month for her Golden Electric Tour with singer Kimbra. Fans had gathered at The Forum in Melbourne on Saturday night, but after Kimbra’s set, the crowd was told Monae would not be performing after coming down with a mystery illness.
Promoters Live Nation later announced that tonight’s show in Sydney has also been scrapped to allow Monae to recover.
The statement reads, “Ms. Monae has been required to remain in Melbourne under medical supervision to assess her recovery. Therefore the Sydney performance by Janelle Monae and Kimbra on their Golden Electric Tour will not go ahead at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (on) Monday May 19, as scheduled. Live Nation is working to secure a rescheduled performance date later this week, subject to the progress of Ms. Monae’s recovery.”
Ticketholders have been advised they can claim a full refund for the axed show.
The next schedule tour date is in Brisbane on May 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here