*Janelle Monae was a no-show at a gig in Melbourne, Australia Saturday night after suddenly falling ill.
The singer headed Down Under earlier this month for her Golden Electric Tour with singer Kimbra. Fans had gathered at The Forum in Melbourne on Saturday night, but after Kimbra’s set, the crowd was told Monae would not be performing after coming down with a mystery illness.
Promoters Live Nation later announced that tonight’s show in Sydney has also been scrapped to allow Monae to recover.
The statement reads, “Ms. Monae has been required to remain in Melbourne under medical supervision to assess her recovery. Therefore the Sydney performance by Janelle Monae and Kimbra on their Golden Electric Tour will not go ahead at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (on) Monday May 19, as scheduled. Live Nation is working to secure a rescheduled performance date later this week, subject to the progress of Ms. Monae’s recovery.”
Ticketholders have been advised they can claim a full refund for the axed show.
The next schedule tour date is in Brisbane on May 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here