*Janelle Monae was a no-show at a gig in Melbourne, Australia Saturday night after suddenly falling ill.
The singer headed Down Under earlier this month for her Golden Electric Tour with singer Kimbra. Fans had gathered at The Forum in Melbourne on Saturday night, but after Kimbra’s set, the crowd was told Monae would not be performing after coming down with a mystery illness.
Promoters Live Nation later announced that tonight’s show in Sydney has also been scrapped to allow Monae to recover.
The statement reads, “Ms. Monae has been required to remain in Melbourne under medical supervision to assess her recovery. Therefore the Sydney performance by Janelle Monae and Kimbra on their Golden Electric Tour will not go ahead at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (on) Monday May 19, as scheduled. Live Nation is working to secure a rescheduled performance date later this week, subject to the progress of Ms. Monae’s recovery.”
Ticketholders have been advised they can claim a full refund for the axed show.
The next schedule tour date is in Brisbane on May 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here