*Janelle Monae was a no-show at a gig in Melbourne, Australia Saturday night after suddenly falling ill.
The singer headed Down Under earlier this month for her Golden Electric Tour with singer Kimbra. Fans had gathered at The Forum in Melbourne on Saturday night, but after Kimbra’s set, the crowd was told Monae would not be performing after coming down with a mystery illness.
Promoters Live Nation later announced that tonight’s show in Sydney has also been scrapped to allow Monae to recover.
The statement reads, “Ms. Monae has been required to remain in Melbourne under medical supervision to assess her recovery. Therefore the Sydney performance by Janelle Monae and Kimbra on their Golden Electric Tour will not go ahead at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (on) Monday May 19, as scheduled. Live Nation is working to secure a rescheduled performance date later this week, subject to the progress of Ms. Monae’s recovery.”
Ticketholders have been advised they can claim a full refund for the axed show.
The next schedule tour date is in Brisbane on May 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here