*Jay Z opened a new branch of his 40/40 Club inside of the world’s busiest airport Wednesday.
The swanky bar’s third location is open to ticketed passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, according to spokeswoman Victoria Hong of Delaware North Companies, which partners with the rap mogul. The sports bar is in the airport’s Concourse D concessions area, Hong said.
“We want to have the same type of feel as the regular 40/40 Club,” Hong said. “It’s the airport version of the 40/40 Club.”
Airport concessions director Paul Brown said there are plans to create a VIP lounge area of the club, separate from the sports bar – at 1,500 square feet – on a different floor. The lounge is expected to open in the late fall, Brown said.
Brown called the lounge a “scaled down” replica of original club.
40/40 restaurant and lounges – named after the rare feat among ballplayers of hitting 40 homers and stealing 40 bases in one season – also are located in Manhattan and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Jay Z also had clubs in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey, but both closed.
The original Manhattan location opened in 2003, with Jay Z and business partner Juan Perez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here