*Jay Z opened a new branch of his 40/40 Club inside of the world’s busiest airport Wednesday.
The swanky bar’s third location is open to ticketed passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, according to spokeswoman Victoria Hong of Delaware North Companies, which partners with the rap mogul. The sports bar is in the airport’s Concourse D concessions area, Hong said.
“We want to have the same type of feel as the regular 40/40 Club,” Hong said. “It’s the airport version of the 40/40 Club.”
Airport concessions director Paul Brown said there are plans to create a VIP lounge area of the club, separate from the sports bar – at 1,500 square feet – on a different floor. The lounge is expected to open in the late fall, Brown said.
Brown called the lounge a “scaled down” replica of original club.
40/40 restaurant and lounges – named after the rare feat among ballplayers of hitting 40 homers and stealing 40 bases in one season – also are located in Manhattan and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Jay Z also had clubs in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey, but both closed.
The original Manhattan location opened in 2003, with Jay Z and business partner Juan Perez.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here