*Jay Z opened a new branch of his 40/40 Club inside of the world’s busiest airport Wednesday.
The swanky bar’s third location is open to ticketed passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, according to spokeswoman Victoria Hong of Delaware North Companies, which partners with the rap mogul. The sports bar is in the airport’s Concourse D concessions area, Hong said.
“We want to have the same type of feel as the regular 40/40 Club,” Hong said. “It’s the airport version of the 40/40 Club.”
Airport concessions director Paul Brown said there are plans to create a VIP lounge area of the club, separate from the sports bar – at 1,500 square feet – on a different floor. The lounge is expected to open in the late fall, Brown said.
Brown called the lounge a “scaled down” replica of original club.
40/40 restaurant and lounges – named after the rare feat among ballplayers of hitting 40 homers and stealing 40 bases in one season – also are located in Manhattan and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Jay Z also had clubs in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey, but both closed.
The original Manhattan location opened in 2003, with Jay Z and business partner Juan Perez.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here