*Well, one really good thing about LaTavia Roberson being a cast member on “R&B Divas: Atlanta” is we can finally get to hear the real deal about the events that led to her exit from Destiny’s Child.
The reality TV star and new mom explained it all to Wendy Williams.
“I definitely did not quit. Who would quit Destiny’s Child? That’s insane,” LaTavia told Wendy.
According to Roberson, she and LeToya Luckett wanted to hire their own manager to deal with their personal careers, but after taking their request to Destiny’s Child manager Mathew Knowles, she was quickly replaced.
“Our conflict was strictly with management. It had nothing to do with the other ladies at all. We didn’t have anything against Beyoncé and Kelly [Rowland] at all. At that time, Mathew was our personal manager and he was everybody’s group manager. We disaffirmed him as our personal manager. We wanted to have someone actually to come in and manage along with him. We weren’t trying to fire him as the group’s manager,” explained LaTavia.
Like the rumors suggested, LaTavia said she found out about being replaced when she first saw the video for “Say My Name.”
“It was crazy. It was painful,” said LaTavia whose life hasn’t been all heartache.
In addition to being a new mom and now starring on “R&B Divas: Atlanta,” she is writing a memoir and still making money as a writer on many Destiny’s Child songs.
“I wrote on the albums, publishing. Yes ma’am,” LaTavia said.
LaTavia talks about “R&B Divas: ATL” and her past addiction below. Watch.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here