*Well, one really good thing about LaTavia Roberson being a cast member on “R&B Divas: Atlanta” is we can finally get to hear the real deal about the events that led to her exit from Destiny’s Child.
The reality TV star and new mom explained it all to Wendy Williams.
“I definitely did not quit. Who would quit Destiny’s Child? That’s insane,” LaTavia told Wendy.
According to Roberson, she and LeToya Luckett wanted to hire their own manager to deal with their personal careers, but after taking their request to Destiny’s Child manager Mathew Knowles, she was quickly replaced.
“Our conflict was strictly with management. It had nothing to do with the other ladies at all. We didn’t have anything against Beyoncé and Kelly [Rowland] at all. At that time, Mathew was our personal manager and he was everybody’s group manager. We disaffirmed him as our personal manager. We wanted to have someone actually to come in and manage along with him. We weren’t trying to fire him as the group’s manager,” explained LaTavia.
Like the rumors suggested, LaTavia said she found out about being replaced when she first saw the video for “Say My Name.”
“It was crazy. It was painful,” said LaTavia whose life hasn’t been all heartache.
In addition to being a new mom and now starring on “R&B Divas: Atlanta,” she is writing a memoir and still making money as a writer on many Destiny’s Child songs.
“I wrote on the albums, publishing. Yes ma’am,” LaTavia said.
LaTavia talks about “R&B Divas: ATL” and her past addiction below. Watch.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here