*Well, one really good thing about LaTavia Roberson being a cast member on “R&B Divas: Atlanta” is we can finally get to hear the real deal about the events that led to her exit from Destiny’s Child.
The reality TV star and new mom explained it all to Wendy Williams.
“I definitely did not quit. Who would quit Destiny’s Child? That’s insane,” LaTavia told Wendy.
According to Roberson, she and LeToya Luckett wanted to hire their own manager to deal with their personal careers, but after taking their request to Destiny’s Child manager Mathew Knowles, she was quickly replaced.
“Our conflict was strictly with management. It had nothing to do with the other ladies at all. We didn’t have anything against Beyoncé and Kelly [Rowland] at all. At that time, Mathew was our personal manager and he was everybody’s group manager. We disaffirmed him as our personal manager. We wanted to have someone actually to come in and manage along with him. We weren’t trying to fire him as the group’s manager,” explained LaTavia.
Like the rumors suggested, LaTavia said she found out about being replaced when she first saw the video for “Say My Name.”
“It was crazy. It was painful,” said LaTavia whose life hasn’t been all heartache.
In addition to being a new mom and now starring on “R&B Divas: Atlanta,” she is writing a memoir and still making money as a writer on many Destiny’s Child songs.
“I wrote on the albums, publishing. Yes ma’am,” LaTavia said.
LaTavia talks about “R&B Divas: ATL” and her past addiction below. Watch.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here