*Well, one really good thing about LaTavia Roberson being a cast member on “R&B Divas: Atlanta” is we can finally get to hear the real deal about the events that led to her exit from Destiny’s Child.
The reality TV star and new mom explained it all to Wendy Williams.
“I definitely did not quit. Who would quit Destiny’s Child? That’s insane,” LaTavia told Wendy.
According to Roberson, she and LeToya Luckett wanted to hire their own manager to deal with their personal careers, but after taking their request to Destiny’s Child manager Mathew Knowles, she was quickly replaced.
“Our conflict was strictly with management. It had nothing to do with the other ladies at all. We didn’t have anything against Beyoncé and Kelly [Rowland] at all. At that time, Mathew was our personal manager and he was everybody’s group manager. We disaffirmed him as our personal manager. We wanted to have someone actually to come in and manage along with him. We weren’t trying to fire him as the group’s manager,” explained LaTavia.
Like the rumors suggested, LaTavia said she found out about being replaced when she first saw the video for “Say My Name.”
“It was crazy. It was painful,” said LaTavia whose life hasn’t been all heartache.
In addition to being a new mom and now starring on “R&B Divas: Atlanta,” she is writing a memoir and still making money as a writer on many Destiny’s Child songs.
“I wrote on the albums, publishing. Yes ma’am,” LaTavia said.
LaTavia talks about “R&B Divas: ATL” and her past addiction below. Watch.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here