*It should come as no surprise that LeBron James is not exactly on the same page as former teammate Roger Mason who was quoted as saying James was prepared to lead a players boycott of the NBA if Donald Sterling still owned the Los Angeles Clippers at the start of the 2014-15 season. As we reported, Mason made the comment on sportscaster Jim Rome’s show on Showtime.
“We as players see what (NBA Commissioner) Adam Silver‘s doing,” James said before Game 5 against the Brooklyn Nets Wednesday night. “He’s moving forward, and if he continues, which we believe Adam Silver will do, to move aggressively on the situation, then as players we have nothing to worry about.”
Mason told Rome on Tuesday, “If it’s not handled by … the start of next season, I don’t see how we’re playing basketball. I was just in the locker room with LeBron. At the end of the day, you know we have leaders, we have player reps, we’ve got executive committee members. … Leaders of the teams, they’re all saying the same thing: ‘If this man is still in place, we ain’t playing.’ ”
But he backtracked Wednesday with a series of tweets:
According to USA Today, Mason is the National Basketball Players Association’s first vice-president and has an active role in helping the NBPA find its next executive director. Interestingly, James said he didn’t talk to Mason (he said he has his phone turned off for the playoff), but said he has no problem with Mason.
Here’s why LeBron isn’t pissed at Mason. If you recall. James is on the record as being outspoken against Sterling and has repeated that he does not want Sterling or anyone from the Sterling family to own the Clippers. Period. Additionally, as USA Today points out, LeBron James continues to feel more comfortable with his standing in the league – as arguably the best player, he has become the face of the NBA – he has no problem addressing these issues and has been quite eloquent in doing so.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here