*It should come as no surprise that LeBron James is not exactly on the same page as former teammate Roger Mason who was quoted as saying James was prepared to lead a players boycott of the NBA if Donald Sterling still owned the Los Angeles Clippers at the start of the 2014-15 season. As we reported, Mason made the comment on sportscaster Jim Rome’s show on Showtime.
“We as players see what (NBA Commissioner) Adam Silver‘s doing,” James said before Game 5 against the Brooklyn Nets Wednesday night. “He’s moving forward, and if he continues, which we believe Adam Silver will do, to move aggressively on the situation, then as players we have nothing to worry about.”
Mason told Rome on Tuesday, “If it’s not handled by … the start of next season, I don’t see how we’re playing basketball. I was just in the locker room with LeBron. At the end of the day, you know we have leaders, we have player reps, we’ve got executive committee members. … Leaders of the teams, they’re all saying the same thing: ‘If this man is still in place, we ain’t playing.’ ”
But he backtracked Wednesday with a series of tweets:
According to USA Today, Mason is the National Basketball Players Association’s first vice-president and has an active role in helping the NBPA find its next executive director. Interestingly, James said he didn’t talk to Mason (he said he has his phone turned off for the playoff), but said he has no problem with Mason.
Here’s why LeBron isn’t pissed at Mason. If you recall. James is on the record as being outspoken against Sterling and has repeated that he does not want Sterling or anyone from the Sterling family to own the Clippers. Period. Additionally, as USA Today points out, LeBron James continues to feel more comfortable with his standing in the league – as arguably the best player, he has become the face of the NBA – he has no problem addressing these issues and has been quite eloquent in doing so.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here