*After much speculation and many up-and-coming actors up for parts in the next chapter of the film series, “Star Wars: Episode VII” has its cast!
And Nigerian-British actor John Boyega is among that cast and word on the street (OK, actually the world) is he’s the hero of the upcoming film.
And hero usually means the LEAD! Boyega is “Star Wars” new leading man.
Boyega’s first starring role came as “Othello” when he was a performing arts student at South Thames College.
He then trained at Hackney’s Identity Drama School while acting in various theatre productions across London.
But his big break came in 2011 when he won the role of Moses in “Attack the Block” — a film focused on a alien attack in South London.
Boyega continued to act and build his resume over the past few years.
But he hit a minor roadblock with what was supposed to be a Spike Lee-produced HBO film, “Da Brick” — loosely based on Mike Tyson‘s life. But HBO passed on the film.
The film will be set 30 years after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi.”
Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, and Domhnall Gleeson were also added to the “Star Wars” franchise in the upcoming film.
J.J. Abrams is excited to have the original and new casts come together.
“It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”
The film will be released in December 2015.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here