*After much speculation and many up-and-coming actors up for parts in the next chapter of the film series, “Star Wars: Episode VII” has its cast!
And Nigerian-British actor John Boyega is among that cast and word on the street (OK, actually the world) is he’s the hero of the upcoming film.
And hero usually means the LEAD! Boyega is “Star Wars” new leading man.
Boyega’s first starring role came as “Othello” when he was a performing arts student at South Thames College.
He then trained at Hackney’s Identity Drama School while acting in various theatre productions across London.
But his big break came in 2011 when he won the role of Moses in “Attack the Block” — a film focused on a alien attack in South London.
Boyega continued to act and build his resume over the past few years.
But he hit a minor roadblock with what was supposed to be a Spike Lee-produced HBO film, “Da Brick” — loosely based on Mike Tyson‘s life. But HBO passed on the film.
The film will be set 30 years after 1983’s “Return of the Jedi.”
Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, and Domhnall Gleeson were also added to the “Star Wars” franchise in the upcoming film.
J.J. Abrams is excited to have the original and new casts come together.
“It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”
The film will be released in December 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here