*If you’ve been around for awhile, you’ll remember the late night infomercials on the Psychic Readers Network. You may recall one psychic reader who wore a turban, and offered Jamaican-themed readings.
In fact, it was her eccentricity that helped make her a notorious pop culture personality.
From 1997 to 2003, Miss Cleo worked for the Psychic Readers Network and those interested in getting a glimpse into their future through her tarot card reading could call a pay-by-the-minute line.
But it all came crashing down in 2002 when an onslaught of lawsuits against the network gave way to closer scrutiny of its partners, and Miss Cleo was found out to be a fake. Not so much as a psychic (you’d have to ask those she gave readings to); but she wasn’t actually Jamaican. Instead, her real name was Youree Dell Harris and she was born in Los Angeles. Her parents were U.S. citizens, though likely of Jamaican descent.
But it was in 2006 that the life of the woman known as Miss Cleo took its most significant turn. She decided to come out of the closet as a lesbian; a revelation that many in her family did not take well.
Read more at EURThisNThat.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here