*TV One is expanding on its successful “R&B Divas” franchise with a new show, “Hollywood Divas.”
Elise Neal, Paula Jai Parker and Lisa Wu, whom many will remember from the original cast of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” will star along with Golden Brooks and Countess Vaughn, as camera follow them to document the unique challenges women of color experience as entertainers in Hollywood.
“The Hollywood Divas‘ willingness to share their experiences with inequality and obstacles when it comes to the Hollywood merry-go-round is the foundation of this series,” TV One Senior Vice President of Programming and Production D’Angela Proctor said in a statement. “How these women are personally affected by this phenomenon and how they individually handle the pressure, is where the Hollywood Diva stories begins.”
There’s no solid premiere date set for the upcoming series just yet, but look out for “Hollywood Divas” to debut in the last quarter of the year!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here