*OWN is airing a one-hour primetime special this month that offers an exclusive look into the lives of married couple, actor Flex Alexander and 90s R&B singer Shanice, and their outrageous family members living under one roof.
“Flex & Shanice,” premiering Saturday, May 31 at 10 p.m. ET/PT., reacquaints fans with the singer best known for her Grammy-nominated hit song, “I Love Your Smile,” and the actor from the hit TV show, “One to One.”
Few people know this fairytale couple both faced career stumbling blocks and quickly hit financial rock bottom. Flex and Shanice realized that they needed to take their wedding vow “for richer or poorer” to heart, so with their two adorable kids, 12-year-old Imani and 10-year-old Elijah, in tow, they moved into a rental home and brought their extended family into the mix to help cover the cost. A total of nine people, including Shanice’s “momager” Crystal, make this truly a full house where anyone’s business becomes everyone’s business.
Financially things are starting to look up for Flex and Shanice. Flex has booked some gigs and confides with fellow comedian, actress and OWN star Kym Whitley on career next steps. Shanice is getting back in the recording studio, but when new gossip surfaces that her mom might have been the reason for her career troubles, Shanice turns to her former producer Babyface for advice and is forced to take a hard look at their relationship.
Meanwhile, Flex is faced with a major parental crisis as his daughter transitions to womanhood.
Watch the trailer below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here