Binion recently started an anti-bullying campaign after O’Neal poked fun at his rare condition.
But the former NBA superstar announced on social media the two are now friends.
“Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude,” he tweeted earlier this week.
Ectodermal Dysplasia affected Binion’s face, teeth and hair. He didn’t understand why a role model would make fun of him.
“I was thinking ‘Man, he’s supposed to be this role model, someone everyone is supposed to look up to. If Shaq does something like this,” Binion said, everyone who follows him “will think, ‘We should do this.'”
The photo was taken down after the controversy. O’Neal reiterated on Wednesday that the two are friends.
“Had the opportunity to talk to Jahmel Binion yesterday and apologize about the post on IG!”
This comes after the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter on Monday to O’Neal saying “bullying is never acceptable.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here