Binion recently started an anti-bullying campaign after O’Neal poked fun at his rare condition.
But the former NBA superstar announced on social media the two are now friends.
“Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude,” he tweeted earlier this week.
Ectodermal Dysplasia affected Binion’s face, teeth and hair. He didn’t understand why a role model would make fun of him.
“I was thinking ‘Man, he’s supposed to be this role model, someone everyone is supposed to look up to. If Shaq does something like this,” Binion said, everyone who follows him “will think, ‘We should do this.'”
The photo was taken down after the controversy. O’Neal reiterated on Wednesday that the two are friends.
“Had the opportunity to talk to Jahmel Binion yesterday and apologize about the post on IG!”
This comes after the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter on Monday to O’Neal saying “bullying is never acceptable.”
- A Blunted Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here