Binion recently started an anti-bullying campaign after O’Neal poked fun at his rare condition.
But the former NBA superstar announced on social media the two are now friends.
“Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude,” he tweeted earlier this week.
Ectodermal Dysplasia affected Binion’s face, teeth and hair. He didn’t understand why a role model would make fun of him.
“I was thinking ‘Man, he’s supposed to be this role model, someone everyone is supposed to look up to. If Shaq does something like this,” Binion said, everyone who follows him “will think, ‘We should do this.'”
The photo was taken down after the controversy. O’Neal reiterated on Wednesday that the two are friends.
“Had the opportunity to talk to Jahmel Binion yesterday and apologize about the post on IG!”
This comes after the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter on Monday to O’Neal saying “bullying is never acceptable.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Obama to Cavs Coach Tyronn Lue: "Tell J.R. and Everybody to Put On a Shirt" (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here