Binion recently started an anti-bullying campaign after O’Neal poked fun at his rare condition.
But the former NBA superstar announced on social media the two are now friends.
“Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude,” he tweeted earlier this week.
Ectodermal Dysplasia affected Binion’s face, teeth and hair. He didn’t understand why a role model would make fun of him.
“I was thinking ‘Man, he’s supposed to be this role model, someone everyone is supposed to look up to. If Shaq does something like this,” Binion said, everyone who follows him “will think, ‘We should do this.'”
The photo was taken down after the controversy. O’Neal reiterated on Wednesday that the two are friends.
“Had the opportunity to talk to Jahmel Binion yesterday and apologize about the post on IG!”
This comes after the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter on Monday to O’Neal saying “bullying is never acceptable.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here