Binion recently started an anti-bullying campaign after O’Neal poked fun at his rare condition.
But the former NBA superstar announced on social media the two are now friends.
“Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude,” he tweeted earlier this week.
Ectodermal Dysplasia affected Binion’s face, teeth and hair. He didn’t understand why a role model would make fun of him.
“I was thinking ‘Man, he’s supposed to be this role model, someone everyone is supposed to look up to. If Shaq does something like this,” Binion said, everyone who follows him “will think, ‘We should do this.'”
The photo was taken down after the controversy. O’Neal reiterated on Wednesday that the two are friends.
“Had the opportunity to talk to Jahmel Binion yesterday and apologize about the post on IG!”
This comes after the National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias wrote an open letter on Monday to O’Neal saying “bullying is never acceptable.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here