*A month before Sherri Shepherd’s current divorce drama with Lamar Sally hit the tabloids, her ex-husband had filed an emergency request to modify their current custody arrangement, claiming she’s a terrible mother who neglects their 9-year-old special needs son, reports TMZ.
Jeffrey Tarpley wants full physical custody of their son, Jeffrey Jr., according to TMZ. He claims Sherri’s non-stop work schedule — “The View,” “The Newlywed Game,” various TV acting roles, book tours, films — has caused her to neglect their son completely.
Sherri filed her own docs in response, claiming Jeffrey’s an absentee dad who deserves no part in his son’s life.
The judge denied Jeffrey’s emergency request, but set a hearing in July “to settle the beef,” TMZ reports.
In Jeffrey’s court documents, he claimed Sherri regularly leaves their son with “unskilled nannies.” As a result, he’s falling way behind in school, suffers from low self-esteem, and has to use Velcro shoes because he can’t tie laces.
Jeffrey said Sherri hasn’t taught their son how to properly care for himself, so hygiene has become an issue.
Jeffrey also said he desperately wants to help, but his hands are tied because he lives in California and Sherri lives with their son in Jersey. He says he has no time during his short visits to undo all of Sherri’s bad parenting, so he wants Jeffrey Jr. with him full time.
Jeffrey filed his papers before Lamar Sally filed for separation. Lamar is currently seeking custody of his and Sherri’s unborn child, so Jeffrey’s arguments has the potential to hurt her in both custody cases, notes TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here