*A month before Sherri Shepherd’s current divorce drama with Lamar Sally hit the tabloids, her ex-husband had filed an emergency request to modify their current custody arrangement, claiming she’s a terrible mother who neglects their 9-year-old special needs son, reports TMZ.
Jeffrey Tarpley wants full physical custody of their son, Jeffrey Jr., according to TMZ. He claims Sherri’s non-stop work schedule — “The View,” “The Newlywed Game,” various TV acting roles, book tours, films — has caused her to neglect their son completely.
Sherri filed her own docs in response, claiming Jeffrey’s an absentee dad who deserves no part in his son’s life.
The judge denied Jeffrey’s emergency request, but set a hearing in July “to settle the beef,” TMZ reports.
In Jeffrey’s court documents, he claimed Sherri regularly leaves their son with “unskilled nannies.” As a result, he’s falling way behind in school, suffers from low self-esteem, and has to use Velcro shoes because he can’t tie laces.
Jeffrey said Sherri hasn’t taught their son how to properly care for himself, so hygiene has become an issue.
Jeffrey also said he desperately wants to help, but his hands are tied because he lives in California and Sherri lives with their son in Jersey. He says he has no time during his short visits to undo all of Sherri’s bad parenting, so he wants Jeffrey Jr. with him full time.
Jeffrey filed his papers before Lamar Sally filed for separation. Lamar is currently seeking custody of his and Sherri’s unborn child, so Jeffrey’s arguments has the potential to hurt her in both custody cases, notes TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here