*A month before Sherri Shepherd’s current divorce drama with Lamar Sally hit the tabloids, her ex-husband had filed an emergency request to modify their current custody arrangement, claiming she’s a terrible mother who neglects their 9-year-old special needs son, reports TMZ.
Jeffrey Tarpley wants full physical custody of their son, Jeffrey Jr., according to TMZ. He claims Sherri’s non-stop work schedule — “The View,” “The Newlywed Game,” various TV acting roles, book tours, films — has caused her to neglect their son completely.
Sherri filed her own docs in response, claiming Jeffrey’s an absentee dad who deserves no part in his son’s life.
The judge denied Jeffrey’s emergency request, but set a hearing in July “to settle the beef,” TMZ reports.
In Jeffrey’s court documents, he claimed Sherri regularly leaves their son with “unskilled nannies.” As a result, he’s falling way behind in school, suffers from low self-esteem, and has to use Velcro shoes because he can’t tie laces.
Jeffrey said Sherri hasn’t taught their son how to properly care for himself, so hygiene has become an issue.
Jeffrey also said he desperately wants to help, but his hands are tied because he lives in California and Sherri lives with their son in Jersey. He says he has no time during his short visits to undo all of Sherri’s bad parenting, so he wants Jeffrey Jr. with him full time.
Jeffrey filed his papers before Lamar Sally filed for separation. Lamar is currently seeking custody of his and Sherri’s unborn child, so Jeffrey’s arguments has the potential to hurt her in both custody cases, notes TMZ.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here