*Michael Jace, best known for his role on TV’s “The Shield,” has been charged in the fatal shooting of his wife, CNN reports.
April Jace, 40, was found shot to death in her south Los Angeles home by police called there to investigate a shooting, Los Angeles Police Detective Lyman Doster said.
TMZ is reporting that the actor called 911 himself and admitted that he pulled the trigger.
According to law enforcement sources Jace called 911 around 8:30 p.m. and told police, “I shot my wife.”
“We’re told Jace’s neighbors in the Hyde Park area of L.A. had reported shots fired in the home, and shortly thereafter Jace made his call to 911.
Sources tell us the 48-year-old actor stayed on the phone, as instructed, until LAPD arrived and found his 40-year-old wife, April Jace dead.
We’re told Jace was home alone when his wife arrived with their kids. A short time later he allegedly shot her.
Jace was taken into custody, and as of 1:00 a.m. Tuesday was being questioned.
The couple celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary last year and reportedly have two sons together. Jace was previously married to Jennifer Bitterman before divorcing in 2002.
Jace often played a law enforcement or military officer on television shows. He acted on several episodes of “Southland,” another TV drama about Los Angeles police, between 2009 and 2012. He is credited with roles in “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “Private Practice,” “The Mentalist,” “Burn Notice” and “NYPD Blue.”
He had the title role of Michael Jordan in the 1999 TV movie about the NBA star, “Michael Jordan: An American Hero.”
Jace played Officer Brown in Russell Crowe’s 2009 film “State of Play,” and he portrayed a Black Panther member in the 1994 blockbuster movie “Forrest Gump.”
But he shot to fame by playing Christian LAPD officer Julien Lowe — who is confused about his sexuality — in the FX drama “The Shield.” He appeared in 89 episodes, starting as a rookie officer in the inner-city Los Angeles police precinct in 2002 and rising through the ranks to become a detective before the series ended in 2008. It was the biggest and longest-running role in Jace’s 22-year acting career.
Watch a KCBS news report of the shooting below.
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here