This was most likely the question on the mind of “Scandal” head honcho Shonda Rhimes, who blasted the Deadline Hollywood blog site for publishing a fake story saying Columbus Short had been recast by someone of that name
Within minutes of the story’s posting, Rhimes went in on the culprit!
Short — who recently got the boot from the show and whose character appeared to be dead at the end of last season — was to be replaced by some guy named Eric West … according to Deadline.
But Rhimes entered the scene of the lie quickly tweeting, “I’ve never heard of Eric West. Harrison is not being recast EVER. How about reporters CHECK THEIR SOURCES before running with a story? Um, @Deadline? Handle yourself.”
Deadline quickly updated its story, calling it an “elaborate hoax” — but still wouldn’t drop it, writing, “It is unclear yet whether Short would be replaced.”
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here