This was most likely the question on the mind of “Scandal” head honcho Shonda Rhimes, who blasted the Deadline Hollywood blog site for publishing a fake story saying Columbus Short had been recast by someone of that name
Within minutes of the story’s posting, Rhimes went in on the culprit!
Short — who recently got the boot from the show and whose character appeared to be dead at the end of last season — was to be replaced by some guy named Eric West … according to Deadline.
But Rhimes entered the scene of the lie quickly tweeting, “I’ve never heard of Eric West. Harrison is not being recast EVER. How about reporters CHECK THEIR SOURCES before running with a story? Um, @Deadline? Handle yourself.”
Deadline quickly updated its story, calling it an “elaborate hoax” — but still wouldn’t drop it, writing, “It is unclear yet whether Short would be replaced.”
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here