Page Six reports that bosses at The Standard hotel are on the hunt to find who leaked the surveillance footage to TMZ. A source that confirmed the tape was sold for $25O revealed that the infamous clip was “being shopped for five days to the highest bidder.”
Marty Singer, a lawyer in Hollywood, has been retained by The Standard to investigate who shopped the tape. According to the Page Six source, “there are only a handful of people who’d have access to that tape.”
Although “the Standard owns that tape,” the source added, “once it was out, Jay Z’s people felt they couldn’t control it.” The source goes on to mention that taking a stand was a lost cause as rap mogul’s people “were reluctant to try and publicly fight this.”
Jigga’s folks may have thrown in the towel, but The Standard hasn’t given up. In a statement addressing the breach, the hotel expressed how “shocked and disappointed” they are “that there was a clear breach of our security system and the confidentiality that we count on providing our guests.”
“We are investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation and, as is our customary practice, will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity,” the statement read.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here