*We know actress Tasha Smith can play a wife who doesn’t hold her tongue.
She has shown her feisty, no-nonsense nature to audiences time and time again via the sometimes hilarious – always complex – characters she had portrayed; especially in Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse,” which she currently stars in on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
On the show, Smith takes on and extends the character of Angela Williams, which she originated in Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” and “Why Did I Get Married, Too?”
Smith’s memorable portrayal as the opinionated and outspoken wife sparked the spin-off series which focuses on her rocky relationship with her onscreen husband “Marcus” — who is played by actor Michael Jai White.
While fans have seen Smith’s characters tackle the tough issues that come with love, relationships and marriage — a ride that often comes with issues of trust and infidelity, we wonder how Tasha Smith the woman outside of the characters she plays would deal in real time.
theGrio interviewed the actress recently to find out.
“After a certain amount of time that you have established your relationship with your mate, if there is a mistake that’s made and if it’s something….if there is true repentance in that mistake and true change and it’s not going to be an ongoing problem, I feel like listen ladies, don’t give up your marriage or your relationship over one piece of booty,” Smith said.
Watch the interview below to see Smith dish out more of her tough — but honest —relationship advice.
Tune in to “For Better or Worse” on OWN Wednesday nights at 9 p.m.
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here