*A 38-year-old soulful rocker from team Usher was crowned the season six winner of NBC’s “The Voice” Tuesday.
Josh Kaufman outlasted Blake Shelton’s country crooner Jake Worthington in second place and Adam Levine’s singer-songwriter Christina Grimmie in third to take home the trophty.
“It was a lot of nerves and heart-racing and it felt like forever,” Kaufman said during a post-show press conference.
This is the first win for Usher, who also coached during season four.
Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, OneRepublic, Tim McGraw and Robin Thicke performed during the finale.
Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams will join Levine and Shelton for the show’s seventh season.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here