*Terry Crews is in yet another film opening this month.
With “Draft Day” still in theaters, the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star doubles up with the Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore flick, “Blended,” opening May 23.
In this third romantic comedy collabo between Sandler and Barrymore, (after “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates”) the pair play single parents who have a catastrophic first date, but eventually end up stuck together with their respective kids at a family resort in South Africa – where they start to catch feelings.
Crews plays Nickens, the resort’s over-the-top entertainer described by Terry as “the South African Tom Jones, or like a Don Ho for South Africa.” He came up with the character’s look and sound along with Sandler, also the film’s producer.
“Adam called, and when Adam calls, you go. We have such a great relationship like this,” Crews said at a recent press conference for the film. “We did ‘Longest Yard’ like that. It was a call like, ‘Man, I want you to be in this and we’re gonna create a character.’ We did ‘Click’ the same way, he put me in ‘Benchwarmers’ the same way, and when I got this call, we really didn’t know what the character was gonna be.”
Below, Crews explains how they ended up with the vision you see in the trailer below.
“Blended” hits theaters on May 23.
Watch the trailer below.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here