*Terry Crews is in yet another film opening this month.
With “Draft Day” still in theaters, the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star doubles up with the Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore flick, “Blended,” opening May 23.
In this third romantic comedy collabo between Sandler and Barrymore, (after “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates”) the pair play single parents who have a catastrophic first date, but eventually end up stuck together with their respective kids at a family resort in South Africa – where they start to catch feelings.
Crews plays Nickens, the resort’s over-the-top entertainer described by Terry as “the South African Tom Jones, or like a Don Ho for South Africa.” He came up with the character’s look and sound along with Sandler, also the film’s producer.
“Adam called, and when Adam calls, you go. We have such a great relationship like this,” Crews said at a recent press conference for the film. “We did ‘Longest Yard’ like that. It was a call like, ‘Man, I want you to be in this and we’re gonna create a character.’ We did ‘Click’ the same way, he put me in ‘Benchwarmers’ the same way, and when I got this call, we really didn’t know what the character was gonna be.”
Below, Crews explains how they ended up with the vision you see in the trailer below.
“Blended” hits theaters on May 23.
Watch the trailer below.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here