*Music producer The Dream was released on $20,000 bail after turning himself in to New York police officials on Wednesday on allegations he beat his ex-girlfriend while she was pregnant with his child.
The 36-year-old, born Terius Nash, spent hours with investigators at the New York Police Department after they requested a meeting with him over Lydia Nam’s claims he punched, kicked and strangled her during a fight at the Plaza Hotel in April 2013.
He was subsequently charged with two felony counts of assault and strangulation, in addition to misdemeanor assault, reckless endangerment and child endangerment.
He was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court, released on $20,000 bail and ordered to stay away from Nam.
Upon leaving custody he said, “I have nothing to say. It’ll all come out. There are worse things in the world going on.”
A statement from his rep, which was released just hours after Nash turned himself in, read: “Dream voluntarily surrendered to the Midtown North Precinct this morning in order to responsibly address the false allegations filed against him by Lydia Nam. He is innocent of the charges filed against him today, and we are confident that when this case is concluded and all the evidence has been reviewed, it will be clear that he is innocent.”
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here