*Music producer The Dream was released on $20,000 bail after turning himself in to New York police officials on Wednesday on allegations he beat his ex-girlfriend while she was pregnant with his child.
The 36-year-old, born Terius Nash, spent hours with investigators at the New York Police Department after they requested a meeting with him over Lydia Nam’s claims he punched, kicked and strangled her during a fight at the Plaza Hotel in April 2013.
He was subsequently charged with two felony counts of assault and strangulation, in addition to misdemeanor assault, reckless endangerment and child endangerment.
He was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court, released on $20,000 bail and ordered to stay away from Nam.
Upon leaving custody he said, “I have nothing to say. It’ll all come out. There are worse things in the world going on.”
A statement from his rep, which was released just hours after Nash turned himself in, read: “Dream voluntarily surrendered to the Midtown North Precinct this morning in order to responsibly address the false allegations filed against him by Lydia Nam. He is innocent of the charges filed against him today, and we are confident that when this case is concluded and all the evidence has been reviewed, it will be clear that he is innocent.”
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here