*Jerrod Carmichael is fast becoming the bold name getting a lot of traction along with other highlighted Celebs.
His “Neighbors” co-stars were relentless in relaying how they felt recently at the JW Marriott in New York City. “He’s endlessly winning,” Seth Rogen declared. “Yes, you just want to be around him,” Zac Efron chimed in. “He’s really sweet and charming as a person. He’s got a really funny, positive outlook. He’s witty. What’s wrong with Jerrod?” Rogen responded to Efron’s heaps of praise with, “Nothing.
Rogen was a big fan of Carmichael’s stand-up shows and looked forward to working with him.
“We were excited to get him in the movie in some capacity. I feel like he’s going to be very, very famous soon. He’s about to do an HBO special with Spike Lee,” Rogen relayed.”
Impressed with his work ethic, Efron mentioned Carmichael’s routine.
“We watched his standup act last night here New York. He’s here doing press and he does standup every night!” Not missing a beat, Rogen jumped in.
“He’s amazingly driven and funny and sweet. Really, just like one of the literally nicest people I’ve ever met in my entire life.” Dave Franco delivered the ultimate tribute when he said, “Now we text Jerrod more than our families, and that’s the truth.”
With such adulation acknowledged, the bottom line is whether Carmichael is a good neighbor or not. He told The Film Strip that he is.
“I’m a good neighbor because I’m never home,” he explained. “And, I don’t bother to introduce myself to anybody that lives near. I don’t know a single one of my neighbors’ names and I’ve been there for a couple of years. There’s no exchange; nobody complaining. I think that’s a good thing.”
The Robert DeNiro scene is one of the funniest in “Neighbors.” A testament to his talent, Carmichael had a hand in it. “With everybody being Robert DeNiro, we just didn’t have that kind of makeup [translation: no white face makeup],” he laughed. “So I asked Nick (director Nicholas Stoller) if it would be an easier option to have me play Samuel L. Jackson in Jackie Brown that Robert DeNiro was also in? Then, I was like, ‘Hey, we should do something from ‘Pulp Fiction’ but realized I had no clue what any of those lines were. So then I took Stoller’s phone and had to learn the whole thing, the whole thing in 15 minutes. So that was really, really a lot of fun.”
Syndicated Entertainment journalist Marie Moore reports on film and TV from her New York City base. Contact her at [email protected]
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here