*OWN just released a first look at the new season of “The Haves and the Have Nots,” premiering Tuesday, May 27 at 9 p.m. [Scroll down to watch.]
The Tyler Perry drama left off with the abduction of Jim Cryer’s (John Schneider) mistress, Candace (Tika Sumpter), who is jeopardizing his campaign for governor with her manipulative games.
Meanwhile, Jim’s son Wyatt (Aaron O’Connell) is finally arrested for a hit and run that caused the death of a young girl. Additionally, Benny (Tyler Lepley), who remains in a coma, is secretly moved into a private hospital by Katheryn (Renee Lawless), who is also working to get his mother Hanna (Crystal Fox) out of jail.
Lastly, the Cryers’ daughter Amanda (Jaclyn Betham) moves closer to insanity, after stalking and stabbing her abusive professor.
The new season will dive deeper into the drama to explore Candace’s fate, if Wyatt will be convicted of his crimes and whether or not Benny will ever wake up from his coma. Additionally, the series will continue to follow Amanda’s mental downward spiral and Jim’s campaign for governor despite his family’s turmoil.
“The Haves and the Have Nots” hit network high ratings with its March 11 spring finale, garnering 3.6 million viewers. OWN has ordered 20 additional episodes for a total of 56 through 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here