*OWN just released a first look at the new season of “The Haves and the Have Nots,” premiering Tuesday, May 27 at 9 p.m. [Scroll down to watch.]
The Tyler Perry drama left off with the abduction of Jim Cryer’s (John Schneider) mistress, Candace (Tika Sumpter), who is jeopardizing his campaign for governor with her manipulative games.
Meanwhile, Jim’s son Wyatt (Aaron O’Connell) is finally arrested for a hit and run that caused the death of a young girl. Additionally, Benny (Tyler Lepley), who remains in a coma, is secretly moved into a private hospital by Katheryn (Renee Lawless), who is also working to get his mother Hanna (Crystal Fox) out of jail.
Lastly, the Cryers’ daughter Amanda (Jaclyn Betham) moves closer to insanity, after stalking and stabbing her abusive professor.
The new season will dive deeper into the drama to explore Candace’s fate, if Wyatt will be convicted of his crimes and whether or not Benny will ever wake up from his coma. Additionally, the series will continue to follow Amanda’s mental downward spiral and Jim’s campaign for governor despite his family’s turmoil.
“The Haves and the Have Nots” hit network high ratings with its March 11 spring finale, garnering 3.6 million viewers. OWN has ordered 20 additional episodes for a total of 56 through 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here