*The gang was all there.
For Barbara Walters’ penultimate episode of “The View,” current co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy joined past co-hosts Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, Joy Behar, Lisa Ling, Rosie O’Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck at the Hot Topics table on Thursday to bid farewell to the TV legend.
“This is a huge deal,” said Goldberg to Walters, whose eyes were welling up, “because I think that you don’t remember what you’ve done. You’ve done so many things and I don’t think you really get how large this is, so we want to make sure you know it.”
The episode kicked off with McCarthy sharing a clip from White House press secretary Jay Carney: “She has interviewed every president and first lady since Richard Nixon, been on television more than five decades and claims she’s retiring on Friday — I don’t believe it. I expect we’ll be getting an interview request within weeks,” he said before offering his congratulations on behalf of President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama.
The seven former co-hosts then took a seat and shared updates and photos of their families, but not until after Meredith Vieira stood up to give Walters a kiss on the lips. Lisa Ling shared the best advice Walters ever gave her (“Don’t neglect your personal life,” she said), Elisabeth Hasselbeck joked that she is Walters’ favorite (and that “This show got me pregnant three times!”) and Joy Behar laughed of the bittersweet episode, “This is like the last supper with Barbara as Jesus!” When O’Donnell was asked what she misses most about ‘The View,’ she joked of Hasselbeck, who was seated next to her, “Fighting with the skinny one!”
The episode closed with a handful of students singing the dorm song from Sarah Lawrence College, often touted by alum Walters, plus a visit from her college roommate, Joan Marks.
Watch a clip below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here