*The gang was all there.
For Barbara Walters’ penultimate episode of “The View,” current co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy joined past co-hosts Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, Joy Behar, Lisa Ling, Rosie O’Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck at the Hot Topics table on Thursday to bid farewell to the TV legend.
“This is a huge deal,” said Goldberg to Walters, whose eyes were welling up, “because I think that you don’t remember what you’ve done. You’ve done so many things and I don’t think you really get how large this is, so we want to make sure you know it.”
The episode kicked off with McCarthy sharing a clip from White House press secretary Jay Carney: “She has interviewed every president and first lady since Richard Nixon, been on television more than five decades and claims she’s retiring on Friday — I don’t believe it. I expect we’ll be getting an interview request within weeks,” he said before offering his congratulations on behalf of President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama.
The seven former co-hosts then took a seat and shared updates and photos of their families, but not until after Meredith Vieira stood up to give Walters a kiss on the lips. Lisa Ling shared the best advice Walters ever gave her (“Don’t neglect your personal life,” she said), Elisabeth Hasselbeck joked that she is Walters’ favorite (and that “This show got me pregnant three times!”) and Joy Behar laughed of the bittersweet episode, “This is like the last supper with Barbara as Jesus!” When O’Donnell was asked what she misses most about ‘The View,’ she joked of Hasselbeck, who was seated next to her, “Fighting with the skinny one!”
The episode closed with a handful of students singing the dorm song from Sarah Lawrence College, often touted by alum Walters, plus a visit from her college roommate, Joan Marks.
Watch a clip below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here