*Elin Nordegren says she was humiliated when Tiger Woods’ multiple infidelities were exposed during their marriage, and that “the word betrayed isn’t strong enough” to describe what she endured.
Nordegren, 34, was named the “Outstanding Graduating Senior” for Rollins College in Florida after nine years of taking classes, an accomplishment she topped by taking a swipe at Woods during her graduation speech.
“I’m not married anymore,” she joked during her speech, earning her a big laugh from the crowd, but the serious nature of her devastating split was difficult to get over.
“I felt safe with him,” Nordegren told People magazine about pro-golfer Woods, and revealed that his cheating broke her heart.
“The word betrayed isn’t strong enough,” she said about her emotions during their breakup.
However, Nordegren is now dating her millionaire next door neighbor, Chris Cline, and Woods is with pro-skier Lindsey Vonn.
“I have moved on, and I am in a good place,” she told the magazine.
“Our relationship is centered around our children, and we are doing really good – we really are,” she said about daughter Sam Alexis, 6, and son Charlie, 5. “He is a great father.”
Recognizing that many women do not walk away from a cheating spouse with a $100 million settlement, Nordegren says she hopes to be an inspiration to others to finish their degrees.
“I’m not saying, ‘Oh, I had it so hard, but I still finished school.’ I know how fortunate I am.”
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here