*Toni Braxton revealed some shocking news about her personal life in her new memoir, “Unbreak My Heart: A Memoir.”
The “Let It Flow” singer got an abortion more than a decade ago.
Soon after deciding to get the abortion, she regretted it — being filled with guilt and later feeling God was punishing her.
At the time she was dating soon-to-be husband Keri Lewis and was taking an acne medication Accutane, which impacted her unexpected pregnancy.
But she didn’t get the abortion only because of birth defects the medication could have caused.
There were personal reasons behind the decision too. She simply wasn’t ready for motherhood.
Braxton grew up in a very religious household. Therefore in weeks to come after the abortion, she felt guilty for going through with it.
Soon after aborting one child, she would go on to have two children with her now ex-husband Lewis.
She revealed in her memoir, she felt God punished her for the abortion by giving her youngest son Diezel Autism.
“Is God punishing me for that abortion?”she wondered. “[I] believed that God’s payback was to give my son autism,” she wrote.
The memoir was released on May 20.
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here