*Toni Braxton revealed some shocking news about her personal life in her new memoir, “Unbreak My Heart: A Memoir.”
The “Let It Flow” singer got an abortion more than a decade ago.
Soon after deciding to get the abortion, she regretted it — being filled with guilt and later feeling God was punishing her.
At the time she was dating soon-to-be husband Keri Lewis and was taking an acne medication Accutane, which impacted her unexpected pregnancy.
But she didn’t get the abortion only because of birth defects the medication could have caused.
There were personal reasons behind the decision too. She simply wasn’t ready for motherhood.
Braxton grew up in a very religious household. Therefore in weeks to come after the abortion, she felt guilty for going through with it.
Soon after aborting one child, she would go on to have two children with her now ex-husband Lewis.
She revealed in her memoir, she felt God punished her for the abortion by giving her youngest son Diezel Autism.
“Is God punishing me for that abortion?”she wondered. “[I] believed that God’s payback was to give my son autism,” she wrote.
The memoir was released on May 20.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here