*Toni Braxton revealed some shocking news about her personal life in her new memoir, “Unbreak My Heart: A Memoir.”
The “Let It Flow” singer got an abortion more than a decade ago.
Soon after deciding to get the abortion, she regretted it — being filled with guilt and later feeling God was punishing her.
At the time she was dating soon-to-be husband Keri Lewis and was taking an acne medication Accutane, which impacted her unexpected pregnancy.
But she didn’t get the abortion only because of birth defects the medication could have caused.
There were personal reasons behind the decision too. She simply wasn’t ready for motherhood.
Braxton grew up in a very religious household. Therefore in weeks to come after the abortion, she felt guilty for going through with it.
Soon after aborting one child, she would go on to have two children with her now ex-husband Lewis.
She revealed in her memoir, she felt God punished her for the abortion by giving her youngest son Diezel Autism.
“Is God punishing me for that abortion?”she wondered. “[I] believed that God’s payback was to give my son autism,” she wrote.
The memoir was released on May 20.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here