*Toni Braxton revealed some shocking news about her personal life in her new memoir, “Unbreak My Heart: A Memoir.”
The “Let It Flow” singer got an abortion more than a decade ago.
Soon after deciding to get the abortion, she regretted it — being filled with guilt and later feeling God was punishing her.
At the time she was dating soon-to-be husband Keri Lewis and was taking an acne medication Accutane, which impacted her unexpected pregnancy.
But she didn’t get the abortion only because of birth defects the medication could have caused.
There were personal reasons behind the decision too. She simply wasn’t ready for motherhood.
Braxton grew up in a very religious household. Therefore in weeks to come after the abortion, she felt guilty for going through with it.
Soon after aborting one child, she would go on to have two children with her now ex-husband Lewis.
She revealed in her memoir, she felt God punished her for the abortion by giving her youngest son Diezel Autism.
“Is God punishing me for that abortion?”she wondered. “[I] believed that God’s payback was to give my son autism,” she wrote.
The memoir was released on May 20.
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here