*Someone in the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury thought it’d be a good idea to generate sales of the “12 Years a Slave” DVD by putting a mannequin next to the product – dressed as a slave.
It didn’t take long for someone to notice the absurdity and tweet a pic.
— Bipolar Sunshine (@bipolarsunshine) May 19, 2014
The mannequin – which appeared at a branch in Oxford – was clad with a ripped, loose fitting beige shirt and three quarter-length pants. The worst part – a twig protruding from the shirt.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said: “We can only apologize. It’s been taken down from the Heyford Hill store and clearly should never have gone up in the first place.”
A spokesperson later confirmed that the outfit had never been on sale in the store as part of any promotion associated with the film.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here