*Someone in the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury thought it’d be a good idea to generate sales of the “12 Years a Slave” DVD by putting a mannequin next to the product – dressed as a slave.
It didn’t take long for someone to notice the absurdity and tweet a pic.
— Bipolar Sunshine (@bipolarsunshine) May 19, 2014
The mannequin – which appeared at a branch in Oxford – was clad with a ripped, loose fitting beige shirt and three quarter-length pants. The worst part – a twig protruding from the shirt.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said: “We can only apologize. It’s been taken down from the Heyford Hill store and clearly should never have gone up in the first place.”
A spokesperson later confirmed that the outfit had never been on sale in the store as part of any promotion associated with the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here