*Someone in the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury thought it’d be a good idea to generate sales of the “12 Years a Slave” DVD by putting a mannequin next to the product – dressed as a slave.
It didn’t take long for someone to notice the absurdity and tweet a pic.
— Bipolar Sunshine (@bipolarsunshine) May 19, 2014
The mannequin – which appeared at a branch in Oxford – was clad with a ripped, loose fitting beige shirt and three quarter-length pants. The worst part – a twig protruding from the shirt.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said: “We can only apologize. It’s been taken down from the Heyford Hill store and clearly should never have gone up in the first place.”
A spokesperson later confirmed that the outfit had never been on sale in the store as part of any promotion associated with the film.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here