*Someone in the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury thought it’d be a good idea to generate sales of the “12 Years a Slave” DVD by putting a mannequin next to the product – dressed as a slave.
It didn’t take long for someone to notice the absurdity and tweet a pic.
— Bipolar Sunshine (@bipolarsunshine) May 19, 2014
The mannequin – which appeared at a branch in Oxford – was clad with a ripped, loose fitting beige shirt and three quarter-length pants. The worst part – a twig protruding from the shirt.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said: “We can only apologize. It’s been taken down from the Heyford Hill store and clearly should never have gone up in the first place.”
A spokesperson later confirmed that the outfit had never been on sale in the store as part of any promotion associated with the film.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here