*Someone in the UK supermarket chain Sainsbury thought it’d be a good idea to generate sales of the “12 Years a Slave” DVD by putting a mannequin next to the product – dressed as a slave.
It didn’t take long for someone to notice the absurdity and tweet a pic.
— Bipolar Sunshine (@bipolarsunshine) May 19, 2014
The mannequin – which appeared at a branch in Oxford – was clad with a ripped, loose fitting beige shirt and three quarter-length pants. The worst part – a twig protruding from the shirt.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury’s said: “We can only apologize. It’s been taken down from the Heyford Hill store and clearly should never have gone up in the first place.”
A spokesperson later confirmed that the outfit had never been on sale in the store as part of any promotion associated with the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here