*Jack Bauer will have a new CIA agent to contend with when “24” returns to Fox Monday following a four year break.
“24: Live Another Day,” a one time, 12-episode “event series,” also begins four years after Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) fell off the grid – or rather, off the drone camera feed monitored by his ace-in-the-hole Chloe O’Brien (Mary Lynn Rajskub) at the end of season eight.
U.S. President James Heller (William Devane) is in London to sign an important treaty with Great Britain when the CIA uncovers an assassination plot against Heller is afoot.
Head of operations Steve Navarro (Benjamin Bratt) follows drone footage of his agents as they close in o a suspected terrorist in a London warehouse. As drone cameras swoop in on the hooded man, he turns his face to the camera and – of course – it’s Jack Bauer.
Cue the digital countdown clock, which is also back for season nine.
Gbenga Akinnagbe, best known for his role as drug dealer Chris Partlow in HBO’s “The Wire,” will appear in all 12 episodes as part of the CIA team tracking Jack through the streets of London.
The DC native and cousin of rapper Wale plays Erik Ritter, described as a “strong, sharp, arrogant and ambitious” field operative.
In past seasons, the government hunted Jack as Jack tried to save the world amid a backdrop that reflected real life issues at the time, including the push for war in the Middle East and the ethical issues surrounding torture.
This time around, the government hunts Jack as Jack tries to save the world amid a backdrop that reflects real life issues of today, including drones, anti-surveillance groups, the suspicion of government overreach and Wikileak-type journalism.
Below, Sutherland talks about Jack’s reunion with Chloe and how their working relationship will be tested this season.
“24: Live Another Day” premieres Monday, May 5 at 8 p.m.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here