*Well dang! You certainly don’t see this every day.
We’re talking a woman 8 months pregnant running a track meet. Hello!
That’s exactly what Alysia Montano, 28. The Olympian sprinter ran in an 800 meter race on Thursday, coming in at 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds during a qualifying heat in Sacramento.
Montano, a five-time USA outdoor champion and first-time mom-to-be, told the Associated Press that she got approval from her doctor and midwife.
“I’ve been running throughout my entire pregnancy and I’ve felt really, really good during the whole process,” she said. “I just didn’t want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800.”
She also shared said the experience helped her take away any “fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy.”
“What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby.”
A pregnant woman running track. Who’d a thunk it?
Watch Alysia break it down :
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here