*Well dang! You certainly don’t see this every day.
We’re talking a woman 8 months pregnant running a track meet. Hello!
That’s exactly what Alysia Montano, 28. The Olympian sprinter ran in an 800 meter race on Thursday, coming in at 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds during a qualifying heat in Sacramento.
Montano, a five-time USA outdoor champion and first-time mom-to-be, told the Associated Press that she got approval from her doctor and midwife.
“I’ve been running throughout my entire pregnancy and I’ve felt really, really good during the whole process,” she said. “I just didn’t want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800.”
She also shared said the experience helped her take away any “fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy.”
“What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby.”
A pregnant woman running track. Who’d a thunk it?
Watch Alysia break it down :
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here