*Well dang! You certainly don’t see this every day.
We’re talking a woman 8 months pregnant running a track meet. Hello!
That’s exactly what Alysia Montano, 28. The Olympian sprinter ran in an 800 meter race on Thursday, coming in at 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds during a qualifying heat in Sacramento.
Montano, a five-time USA outdoor champion and first-time mom-to-be, told the Associated Press that she got approval from her doctor and midwife.
“I’ve been running throughout my entire pregnancy and I’ve felt really, really good during the whole process,” she said. “I just didn’t want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800.”
She also shared said the experience helped her take away any “fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy.”
“What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby.”
A pregnant woman running track. Who’d a thunk it?
Watch Alysia break it down :
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here