*Well dang! You certainly don’t see this every day.
We’re talking a woman 8 months pregnant running a track meet. Hello!
That’s exactly what Alysia Montano, 28. The Olympian sprinter ran in an 800 meter race on Thursday, coming in at 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds during a qualifying heat in Sacramento.
Montano, a five-time USA outdoor champion and first-time mom-to-be, told the Associated Press that she got approval from her doctor and midwife.
“I’ve been running throughout my entire pregnancy and I’ve felt really, really good during the whole process,” she said. “I just didn’t want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800.”
She also shared said the experience helped her take away any “fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy.”
“What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby.”
A pregnant woman running track. Who’d a thunk it?
Watch Alysia break it down :
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here