*Well dang! You certainly don’t see this every day.
We’re talking a woman 8 months pregnant running a track meet. Hello!
That’s exactly what Alysia Montano, 28. The Olympian sprinter ran in an 800 meter race on Thursday, coming in at 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds during a qualifying heat in Sacramento.
Montano, a five-time USA outdoor champion and first-time mom-to-be, told the Associated Press that she got approval from her doctor and midwife.
“I’ve been running throughout my entire pregnancy and I’ve felt really, really good during the whole process,” she said. “I just didn’t want to get lapped and be the first person to get lapped in the 800.”
She also shared said the experience helped her take away any “fear of what the outside world might think about a woman running during her pregnancy.”
“What I found out mostly was that exercising during pregnancy is actually much better for the mom and the baby.”
A pregnant woman running track. Who’d a thunk it?
Watch Alysia break it down :
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here