*Aretha Franklin will throw her signature voice on songs from Adele, Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer for her upcoming cover album.
The Queen of Soul has teamed up with music industry veteran Clive Davis for the as-yet-untitled project, which will feature Aretha’s renditions of songs by powerful female singers.
The tracklist includes Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep,” Summer’s “Last Dance,” “People” by Streisand, and Gladys Knight’s “Midnight Train to Georgia.”
Franklin is currently working on the record with Babyface and Outkast star Andre 3000.
She tells the New York Daily News, “It’s wonderful, wonderful music.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here