*Jay Z famously said it best: “I Will Not Lose!”
And true to his word, the rap mogul is proving doubters wrong as his joint On the Run tour with Beyoncé is on track to become the second highest grossing trek of all time.
Despite earlier reports the tour was not selling tickets, according to Forbes.com, the 20-city outing is headed towards concert grosses around $100 million as it heads to 1 million tickets sold.
Compared to artists like U2, Madonna and The Rolling Stones, who have reached the $400 million level, Jay and Bey’s $100 million seems like small potatoes. But hold up. That view changes once you take in consideration those earnings compare to the number of concerts given per tour. That, coupled with how much each tour date earns, puts the hip-hop power couple in the upper echelon of highest-grossing tours of all time.
Apparently less is truly more. On the Run’s 20 shows will gross about $5 million per show, Forbes noted. As a result, the total ranks behind the highest grossing outing in history, U2’s 360 Tour, which collected nearly $7 million per show.
On the Run’s success is a sharp contrast to reports that wrote the tour off as a big flop for it’s two headliners. Below is a list of the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time, as compiled by Forbes.
For more on the money made from the Jay Z and Beyoncé’s On the Run tour, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here