*Jay Z famously said it best: “I Will Not Lose!”
And true to his word, the rap mogul is proving doubters wrong as his joint On the Run tour with Beyoncé is on track to become the second highest grossing trek of all time.
Despite earlier reports the tour was not selling tickets, according to Forbes.com, the 20-city outing is headed towards concert grosses around $100 million as it heads to 1 million tickets sold.
Compared to artists like U2, Madonna and The Rolling Stones, who have reached the $400 million level, Jay and Bey’s $100 million seems like small potatoes. But hold up. That view changes once you take in consideration those earnings compare to the number of concerts given per tour. That, coupled with how much each tour date earns, puts the hip-hop power couple in the upper echelon of highest-grossing tours of all time.
Apparently less is truly more. On the Run’s 20 shows will gross about $5 million per show, Forbes noted. As a result, the total ranks behind the highest grossing outing in history, U2’s 360 Tour, which collected nearly $7 million per show.
On the Run’s success is a sharp contrast to reports that wrote the tour off as a big flop for it’s two headliners. Below is a list of the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time, as compiled by Forbes.
For more on the money made from the Jay Z and Beyoncé’s On the Run tour, click here.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here