*Jay Z famously said it best: “I Will Not Lose!”
And true to his word, the rap mogul is proving doubters wrong as his joint On the Run tour with Beyoncé is on track to become the second highest grossing trek of all time.
Despite earlier reports the tour was not selling tickets, according to Forbes.com, the 20-city outing is headed towards concert grosses around $100 million as it heads to 1 million tickets sold.
Compared to artists like U2, Madonna and The Rolling Stones, who have reached the $400 million level, Jay and Bey’s $100 million seems like small potatoes. But hold up. That view changes once you take in consideration those earnings compare to the number of concerts given per tour. That, coupled with how much each tour date earns, puts the hip-hop power couple in the upper echelon of highest-grossing tours of all time.
Apparently less is truly more. On the Run’s 20 shows will gross about $5 million per show, Forbes noted. As a result, the total ranks behind the highest grossing outing in history, U2’s 360 Tour, which collected nearly $7 million per show.
On the Run’s success is a sharp contrast to reports that wrote the tour off as a big flop for it’s two headliners. Below is a list of the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time, as compiled by Forbes.
For more on the money made from the Jay Z and Beyoncé’s On the Run tour, click here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here