*Mariah Carey just scored her 17th top 10 album on the Billboard 200 chart as “Me. I Am Mariah … The Elusive Chanteuse” enters at No. 3 with 58,000 sold in the week ending June 1 (according to Nielsen SoundScan).
But the 58,000 in sales is her smallest opening for a non-holiday studio album since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Her previous low came when 1991’s “Emotions” launched at No. 4 with 156,000.
Carey has tallied six No. 1 albums between 1991 and 2008. Like “Elusive,” her last non-holiday studio effort, 2009’s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel,” debuted at No. 3, but with 168,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here