*Mariah Carey just scored her 17th top 10 album on the Billboard 200 chart as “Me. I Am Mariah … The Elusive Chanteuse” enters at No. 3 with 58,000 sold in the week ending June 1 (according to Nielsen SoundScan).
But the 58,000 in sales is her smallest opening for a non-holiday studio album since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Her previous low came when 1991’s “Emotions” launched at No. 4 with 156,000.
Carey has tallied six No. 1 albums between 1991 and 2008. Like “Elusive,” her last non-holiday studio effort, 2009’s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel,” debuted at No. 3, but with 168,000.
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here