*Mariah Carey just scored her 17th top 10 album on the Billboard 200 chart as “Me. I Am Mariah … The Elusive Chanteuse” enters at No. 3 with 58,000 sold in the week ending June 1 (according to Nielsen SoundScan).
But the 58,000 in sales is her smallest opening for a non-holiday studio album since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Her previous low came when 1991’s “Emotions” launched at No. 4 with 156,000.
Carey has tallied six No. 1 albums between 1991 and 2008. Like “Elusive,” her last non-holiday studio effort, 2009’s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel,” debuted at No. 3, but with 168,000.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here