The funny-man has been out promoting his Radio City Music Hall shows.
Chappelle recalled the first time he met The Roots — the house band on “The Tonight Show” — by being mistaken as a member and therefore, later that night saw the amazing band play for the first time.
But that wasn’t the only hilarious first time he met musicians.
Chappelle said that at that point, “Kanye stood up. First time he spoke all day, and he goes, ‘Stop the record! And rewind that.’ “
Then later West took a phone call and said, “‘Hello? No, I can’t. Because I’m at the edit for the ‘Dave Chappelle Show,’ watching sketches that no one’s seen before.’ ” West paused and then said, “‘Cause my life is dope and I do dope s–t,”
“You could tell that he was going to be a star,” the comedian said to Fallon. “I didn’t know him until he did the show.”
Watch the clip from “The Tonight Show” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here