The funny-man has been out promoting his Radio City Music Hall shows.
Chappelle recalled the first time he met The Roots — the house band on “The Tonight Show” — by being mistaken as a member and therefore, later that night saw the amazing band play for the first time.
But that wasn’t the only hilarious first time he met musicians.
Chappelle said that at that point, “Kanye stood up. First time he spoke all day, and he goes, ‘Stop the record! And rewind that.’ “
Then later West took a phone call and said, “‘Hello? No, I can’t. Because I’m at the edit for the ‘Dave Chappelle Show,’ watching sketches that no one’s seen before.’ ” West paused and then said, “‘Cause my life is dope and I do dope s–t,”
“You could tell that he was going to be a star,” the comedian said to Fallon. “I didn’t know him until he did the show.”
Watch the clip from “The Tonight Show” below:
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here