The funny-man has been out promoting his Radio City Music Hall shows.
Chappelle recalled the first time he met The Roots — the house band on “The Tonight Show” — by being mistaken as a member and therefore, later that night saw the amazing band play for the first time.
But that wasn’t the only hilarious first time he met musicians.
Chappelle said that at that point, “Kanye stood up. First time he spoke all day, and he goes, ‘Stop the record! And rewind that.’ “
Then later West took a phone call and said, “‘Hello? No, I can’t. Because I’m at the edit for the ‘Dave Chappelle Show,’ watching sketches that no one’s seen before.’ ” West paused and then said, “‘Cause my life is dope and I do dope s–t,”
“You could tell that he was going to be a star,” the comedian said to Fallon. “I didn’t know him until he did the show.”
Watch the clip from “The Tonight Show” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here