The funny-man has been out promoting his Radio City Music Hall shows.
Chappelle recalled the first time he met The Roots — the house band on “The Tonight Show” — by being mistaken as a member and therefore, later that night saw the amazing band play for the first time.
But that wasn’t the only hilarious first time he met musicians.
Chappelle said that at that point, “Kanye stood up. First time he spoke all day, and he goes, ‘Stop the record! And rewind that.’ “
Then later West took a phone call and said, “‘Hello? No, I can’t. Because I’m at the edit for the ‘Dave Chappelle Show,’ watching sketches that no one’s seen before.’ ” West paused and then said, “‘Cause my life is dope and I do dope s–t,”
“You could tell that he was going to be a star,” the comedian said to Fallon. “I didn’t know him until he did the show.”
Watch the clip from “The Tonight Show” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here