*As we reported earlier, LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling has hired four firms to dig up embarrassing information about NBA executives and fellow team owners. It’s all a part of his efforts to keep control of the team.
Well, in a new LA Times report, a Sterling confidant claims the firms already have uncovered allegations of racial discrimination by NBA officials that are as bad as comments Sterling made suggesting he did not want to see blacks at Clippers games.
The Sterling ally, who declined to be named when discussing Donald’s legal strategy, said he was not ready to reveal the early findings.
The league has repeatedly suggested it has done nothing wrong and that Sterling is trying to distract from his own failures. Sterling plans to use the investigators’ findings to bolster a lawsuit that seeks up to $1 billion in damages, alleging the NBA has treated him more harshly than others affiliated with the league.
He has spread the work out to four firms instead of just one in an attempt to expand and expedite the reach of his inquiry. Each has been told it can bill up to $50,000 to produce results over the next 30 days.
lRelated Former unpaid intern files suit against Clippers, Sterling trust
Sterling also hopes the “dirt” will cause embarrassment for the NBA and Commissioner Adam Silver, his confidant said. Silver issued a lifetime ban and $2.5-million fine against the Clippers owner in late April after Sterling’s remarks about blacks became public.
Get the rest of this story at LA Times.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here