*It looks like Donald Sterling got prayed up on Sunday in South LA.
Yep, the embattled LA Clippers owner was in the hood to attend church services at a predominately black church at the invitation of the church’s pastor.
“I’m here to support this wonderful group,” Sterling told KNBC Channel 4 about Praises of Zion Missionary Baptist Church.
Pastor J. Benjamin Hardwick met Sterling two weeks ago and invited him to worship with the congregation, reports KNBC.
“I want you to know, my friend, we pray for you’,” Hardwick told Sterling.
Asked if she believed that Sterling was there to improve his image, a church member said:
“No, I don’t believe that. I believe that he did the right thing by coming here.”
But not everyone agreed.
“I feel sorry for him because, first of all, he’s a slum landlord. And second of all, I don’t think he really cares for people as he should,” said another church member.
Needless to say, Sterling was mobbed for pictures as he left the church. He told NBC4 that he thought the service was “fabulous.”
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver fined Sterling $2.5 million, banned him for life from the league and started the process to end his ownership of the Clippers after an audio recording of Sterling disparaging blacks became public in April.
On Friday, the National Basketball Assn. announced a settlement with Shelly Sterling and the Sterling Family Trust that would allow the team to be sold to former Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer for a whopping $2 billion. A vote of the Board of Governors will be needed to make the sale final.
(If you can’t see the above TMZ video on your mobile device, click here.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here