*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash picked up another court victory after a Pennsylvania judge dismissed the final child sexual abuse lawsuit against him.
Clash resigned from “Sesame Street” in November 2012 after he was accused of engaging in sexual activities with college student Cecil Singleton when the alleged victim was just 15.
Further complaints against the actor emerged in the following months, including one suit from Sheldon Stephens, although he subsequently recanted his story and voluntarily dropped his legal action, only to refile the complaint in Pennsylvania last year.
On Thursday (June 19), however, U.S. District Judge Christopher Conner ruled the lawsuit had not been filed within the statute of limitations and dismissed the case.
The ruling comes months after officials at an appeals court upheld a decision to dismiss three additional lawsuits against the 53-year-old.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here