*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash picked up another court victory after a Pennsylvania judge dismissed the final child sexual abuse lawsuit against him.
Clash resigned from “Sesame Street” in November 2012 after he was accused of engaging in sexual activities with college student Cecil Singleton when the alleged victim was just 15.
Further complaints against the actor emerged in the following months, including one suit from Sheldon Stephens, although he subsequently recanted his story and voluntarily dropped his legal action, only to refile the complaint in Pennsylvania last year.
On Thursday (June 19), however, U.S. District Judge Christopher Conner ruled the lawsuit had not been filed within the statute of limitations and dismissed the case.
The ruling comes months after officials at an appeals court upheld a decision to dismiss three additional lawsuits against the 53-year-old.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here