*Starz‘s latest original drama series, “Power,” premiered on Saturday with 462,000 viewers at 9 p.m., and a total of 1.27 million for the three Saturday night airings and 2.022 million for the nine weekend airings on Saturday and Sunday, reports Deadline.com.
To put that in perspective, the numbers were down from Starz’s most recent debut, pirate drama “Black Sails,” which launched in January with 846,000; 1.7 million and 2.6 million, respectively; and roughly on par with last August’s opening of limited series “The White Queen” (416,000 for the premiere airing; 2.1 million for premiere weekend).
Like “The White Queen,” the debut weekend of “Power,” executive produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, included an airing on sister channel Encore, which drew 150,000 extra viewers vs. 500,000 for “The White Queen.”
With that and Power’s multiplatform sampling from the week-long on-demand and online sampling campaign, which yielded an additional 480,000 viewers, the total viewership for the first episode is 2.6 million to date.
Additionally, the premiere logged Starz’s youngest demos since “Spartacus: War Of The Damned” and an evenly balanced gender split (45% Women 18+, 48% Men 18+), which is rare for the male skewing pay cable network.
“Power” stars Omari Hardwick as a New York drug kingpin looking to go legit by becoming the city’s nightclub king.
Watch the trailer for episode 2 below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here