*Justin Bieber was apparently looking to wash away the N-word sins of his past by getting baptized.
Just over a week after the first of back-to-back videos of Justin Bieber telling racist jokes and using racist language surfaced, the singer was joined by New York City pastor Carl Lentz in a hotel room recently, where he was baptized in a bathtub. The location was chosen to avoid any attention from fans or photographers.
The 20-year-old wanted to “keep the whole thing private,” according to TMZ.com (yet somehow, TMZ found out); and he had also spent the prior month doing some “intense Bible study” with Lentz.
A video of Justin using the N-word in a joke when he was 15 leaked late last month, followed by a second video in which he sings one of his songs with lyrics changed to include the N-word and new lyrics about joining the KKK.
Bieber has been blasted from both sides over the videos, but some stars have been coming to his defense, like Usher, who said that five years ago Bieber was a “naive child” and didn’t understand the power of such words.
“What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes,” the singer said.
Bieber apologized publicly for his “inexcusable” and “childish” behavior.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here