*Justin Bieber was apparently looking to wash away the N-word sins of his past by getting baptized.
Just over a week after the first of back-to-back videos of Justin Bieber telling racist jokes and using racist language surfaced, the singer was joined by New York City pastor Carl Lentz in a hotel room recently, where he was baptized in a bathtub. The location was chosen to avoid any attention from fans or photographers.
The 20-year-old wanted to “keep the whole thing private,” according to TMZ.com (yet somehow, TMZ found out); and he had also spent the prior month doing some “intense Bible study” with Lentz.
A video of Justin using the N-word in a joke when he was 15 leaked late last month, followed by a second video in which he sings one of his songs with lyrics changed to include the N-word and new lyrics about joining the KKK.
Bieber has been blasted from both sides over the videos, but some stars have been coming to his defense, like Usher, who said that five years ago Bieber was a “naive child” and didn’t understand the power of such words.
“What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes,” the singer said.
Bieber apologized publicly for his “inexcusable” and “childish” behavior.
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here