The reality TV star took a defensive stance on her prenup with Tucker as she opened up to theGrio.com’s Chris Witherspoon on what the newly hitched pair ultimately agreed upon.
“You don’t get to see it a lot… where a woman is in financially better off than the husband,” Kandi said. “You have to protect yourself.”
“Y’all know how divorce happens out of the blue to people that we thought we couldn’t believe they got divorced. So you have to be ready for a mad day,” she continued. “People can work things out and talk about how we wanted things to be when we’re on the same page, but when we get mad people want to hurt each other. How they want to hurt you? In your pocket. You not gonna be goin for mine.”
Burruss’ comments come after her prenup agreement with Tucker became a trending topic on social media following the latest episode of “Kandi’s Wedding,” which aired Sunday night. During the show, Tucker refused to sign the prenup the night before his wedding to Burruss.
Despite her husband’s resistance, Burruss admitted that he has no problem dividing money they made during their marriage.
“I feel like we should work together to make money together,” the entertainer said. “The things that I’m trying to protect are the things that I had going into the marriage, meaning: Bedroom Kandi, my music, my stores, my properties and different things that I had going into the marriage.”
To help her navigate the prenup waters, Burruss took note of other celebrity divorces as a way to better handle her situation.
“I’m not paying spousal support, oh no,” she told Witherspoon. “I’m seeing too much going on right now. Halle Berry’s paying $20,000 a month in child support, and then poor Sherri [Shepherd], she had a pre-nup and now [her husband, John Sally] is coming after her [for spousal support]. They’ve only been married a few years. Are you kidding me?”
Burruss’ and Tucker’s Coming to America-themed wedding ceremony will air on “Kandi’s Wedding,” at 8/7c July 6 on Bravo. To see Kandi’s interview with theGrio.com, check out the video below:
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here