*Kanye West and Annie Leibovitz have issued a joint statement clearing up comments the rapper made recently about the photographer, suggesting she pulled out of shooting his wedding at the last minute.
The statement released Thursday says West’s comments earlier this week regarding Leibovitz’s availability to shoot his wedding “have been taken out of context and sensationalized.”
As previously reported, West was at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival on Tuesday when he said he and wife Kim Kardashian spent four days on the above wedding photo after Leibovitz “pulled out.”
“[Kim] was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much – because Annie Leibovitz pulled out of the wedding, because I think she was scared of the idea of celebrity,” he said.
In today’s joint statement, West said he was frustrated that he couldn’t secure Leibovitz’s services for his wedding last month, but he was not assigning blame. Their representatives had been negotiating, but did not reach an agreement by the time of the wedding.
The statement says West’s dream was to bring together his favorite creatives, and that Leibovitz was his first choice to capture “one of the most special days in Kim and Kanye’s life.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here