*Kanye West and Annie Leibovitz have issued a joint statement clearing up comments the rapper made recently about the photographer, suggesting she pulled out of shooting his wedding at the last minute.
The statement released Thursday says West’s comments earlier this week regarding Leibovitz’s availability to shoot his wedding “have been taken out of context and sensationalized.”
As previously reported, West was at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival on Tuesday when he said he and wife Kim Kardashian spent four days on the above wedding photo after Leibovitz “pulled out.”
“[Kim] was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much – because Annie Leibovitz pulled out of the wedding, because I think she was scared of the idea of celebrity,” he said.
In today’s joint statement, West said he was frustrated that he couldn’t secure Leibovitz’s services for his wedding last month, but he was not assigning blame. Their representatives had been negotiating, but did not reach an agreement by the time of the wedding.
The statement says West’s dream was to bring together his favorite creatives, and that Leibovitz was his first choice to capture “one of the most special days in Kim and Kanye’s life.”
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here