*Kanye West and Annie Leibovitz have issued a joint statement clearing up comments the rapper made recently about the photographer, suggesting she pulled out of shooting his wedding at the last minute.
The statement released Thursday says West’s comments earlier this week regarding Leibovitz’s availability to shoot his wedding “have been taken out of context and sensationalized.”
As previously reported, West was at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival on Tuesday when he said he and wife Kim Kardashian spent four days on the above wedding photo after Leibovitz “pulled out.”
“[Kim] was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much – because Annie Leibovitz pulled out of the wedding, because I think she was scared of the idea of celebrity,” he said.
In today’s joint statement, West said he was frustrated that he couldn’t secure Leibovitz’s services for his wedding last month, but he was not assigning blame. Their representatives had been negotiating, but did not reach an agreement by the time of the wedding.
The statement says West’s dream was to bring together his favorite creatives, and that Leibovitz was his first choice to capture “one of the most special days in Kim and Kanye’s life.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here