*Kanye West and Annie Leibovitz have issued a joint statement clearing up comments the rapper made recently about the photographer, suggesting she pulled out of shooting his wedding at the last minute.
The statement released Thursday says West’s comments earlier this week regarding Leibovitz’s availability to shoot his wedding “have been taken out of context and sensationalized.”
As previously reported, West was at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival on Tuesday when he said he and wife Kim Kardashian spent four days on the above wedding photo after Leibovitz “pulled out.”
“[Kim] was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much – because Annie Leibovitz pulled out of the wedding, because I think she was scared of the idea of celebrity,” he said.
In today’s joint statement, West said he was frustrated that he couldn’t secure Leibovitz’s services for his wedding last month, but he was not assigning blame. Their representatives had been negotiating, but did not reach an agreement by the time of the wedding.
The statement says West’s dream was to bring together his favorite creatives, and that Leibovitz was his first choice to capture “one of the most special days in Kim and Kanye’s life.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Texas Mother of Kids 'Tied Up in Yard Like Dogs' Found in Cali (Watch)
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here