*Keith David has been cast in DirecTV’s first original scripted comedy series, “Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight,” which explores a variety of modern-day relationships through the conceit that nothing good happens after midnight.
Based on Tony winner Peter Ackerman’s critically acclaimed play of the same name, Midnight is set in Los Angeles and takes viewers on a 12-hour collision course that begins at dusk and explodes at dawn, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The series starts with Ben (Stephen Schneider), a sweet, young Jewish professor of English at a university who is stunned when his girlfriend, Nancy (Collette Wolfe), makes an anti-Semitic remark during an intimate encounter in his office. Leo (Parker Young) and Phil (Jimmy Ouyang) play two 19-year-old sophomores who come up with a scheme to prank the university’s dean (Keith David), only to have their plan foiled by security guard Dawn (Kerri Kenney).
Grace (Alanna Ubach) is in the middle of a late-night session with her therapist Mark (Eddie Kaye Thomas), who has offered to set her up on a blind date with his brother, a man who is radically different than her past suitors.
Donald Abramson (Kurt Fuller) has been unhappily married for 40 years to the jealous and perennially suspicious Estelle (Lin Shaye), who has driven him to therapy to work on their relationship. Pedro 1 (Jorge-Luis Pallo) and Pedro 2 (Ivo Nandi) are brothers from a large family hired by Donald to count, stack and label rolls of carpeting. What seems like a night of simple menial labor ends with the brothers being targeted by a hit man, Clean Gene (Hugh Dillon).
Everyone except guest stars Thomas and Fuller will be a series regular in the 10-episode comedy. Production is underway in L.A.
The series will air on DirecTV’s Audience Network later this year.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here