*Keith David has been cast in DirecTV’s first original scripted comedy series, “Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight,” which explores a variety of modern-day relationships through the conceit that nothing good happens after midnight.
Based on Tony winner Peter Ackerman’s critically acclaimed play of the same name, Midnight is set in Los Angeles and takes viewers on a 12-hour collision course that begins at dusk and explodes at dawn, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The series starts with Ben (Stephen Schneider), a sweet, young Jewish professor of English at a university who is stunned when his girlfriend, Nancy (Collette Wolfe), makes an anti-Semitic remark during an intimate encounter in his office. Leo (Parker Young) and Phil (Jimmy Ouyang) play two 19-year-old sophomores who come up with a scheme to prank the university’s dean (Keith David), only to have their plan foiled by security guard Dawn (Kerri Kenney).
Grace (Alanna Ubach) is in the middle of a late-night session with her therapist Mark (Eddie Kaye Thomas), who has offered to set her up on a blind date with his brother, a man who is radically different than her past suitors.
Donald Abramson (Kurt Fuller) has been unhappily married for 40 years to the jealous and perennially suspicious Estelle (Lin Shaye), who has driven him to therapy to work on their relationship. Pedro 1 (Jorge-Luis Pallo) and Pedro 2 (Ivo Nandi) are brothers from a large family hired by Donald to count, stack and label rolls of carpeting. What seems like a night of simple menial labor ends with the brothers being targeted by a hit man, Clean Gene (Hugh Dillon).
Everyone except guest stars Thomas and Fuller will be a series regular in the 10-episode comedy. Production is underway in L.A.
The series will air on DirecTV’s Audience Network later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here