*Keith David has been cast in DirecTV’s first original scripted comedy series, “Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight,” which explores a variety of modern-day relationships through the conceit that nothing good happens after midnight.
Based on Tony winner Peter Ackerman’s critically acclaimed play of the same name, Midnight is set in Los Angeles and takes viewers on a 12-hour collision course that begins at dusk and explodes at dawn, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The series starts with Ben (Stephen Schneider), a sweet, young Jewish professor of English at a university who is stunned when his girlfriend, Nancy (Collette Wolfe), makes an anti-Semitic remark during an intimate encounter in his office. Leo (Parker Young) and Phil (Jimmy Ouyang) play two 19-year-old sophomores who come up with a scheme to prank the university’s dean (Keith David), only to have their plan foiled by security guard Dawn (Kerri Kenney).
Grace (Alanna Ubach) is in the middle of a late-night session with her therapist Mark (Eddie Kaye Thomas), who has offered to set her up on a blind date with his brother, a man who is radically different than her past suitors.
Donald Abramson (Kurt Fuller) has been unhappily married for 40 years to the jealous and perennially suspicious Estelle (Lin Shaye), who has driven him to therapy to work on their relationship. Pedro 1 (Jorge-Luis Pallo) and Pedro 2 (Ivo Nandi) are brothers from a large family hired by Donald to count, stack and label rolls of carpeting. What seems like a night of simple menial labor ends with the brothers being targeted by a hit man, Clean Gene (Hugh Dillon).
Everyone except guest stars Thomas and Fuller will be a series regular in the 10-episode comedy. Production is underway in L.A.
The series will air on DirecTV’s Audience Network later this year.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here