But it’s just business as the two teamed up for “Love & Sex Pt. 2” and created a steamy hot music video.
Now, Joe and Rowland, with director Billie Woodruff, are taking fans behind the scenes and giving a close up look at their chemistry.
“Billie has been consistent,” said Joe. “So consistent. And having my first big video and big record, ‘I Want To know,’ that he directed, and the way he shot it, the colors, understanding a brown skin guy, my texture, my complexion, or any of my leading characters complexion. He knows how to shoot us very, very well and capture the beauty in that.”
Rowland loved working with Joe and dished about how much she enjoys him as an artist.
“I am a huge Joe fan. I love his voice,” she admitted. “It’s just no voice like Joe’s voice. I remember from the first time I heard him singing, actually trying to harmonize to the songs that he was doing. ‘Love Scene’ is one of my favorite songs, and I probably listen to Joe at least every other day… And listening to Brandy’s album and hearing him do ‘Angel in Disguise,’ and wanting to have our voices sound as great as him and Brandy’s did together.”
As for the video’s concept, Joe showed the difference between real commitment and steamy sex.
The original “Love & Sex” featured Fantasia and was on his 2013 album, “Doubleback: Evolution of R&B.”
Part two will be featured on his new album, “Bridges” — coming out June 23.
Watch the behind the scenes below:
Watch the video below:
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here