*The Miami Heat can forget about LeBron James taking another discount for the team. Reportedly, those days are numbered.
James is seeking his full, maximum contract — after opting out of his deal with the Heat last week.
Nevertheless, James could sign a contract as big as $130 million for five years.
This leaves $55 million in cap space to rework the roster.
James has two championships and four MVPs to his name, but he took a pay cut in 2010 in order to sign with the Heat — making him the 9th highest paid NBA player last season — a shared salary amount with Bosh and slightly more money than Wade.
James took a pay cut for the NBA finals. It helped the team avoid a luxury tax and focus on a strong supporting team.
But money doesn’t seem like it’s everything to James. He really wants that strong supporting team. And winning wins over money.
Also, James has other ways of cashing out. He received $30 million in equity due to his owned stake in Beats By Dr. Dre, which was sold to Apple.
But taking the maximum amount of money means it would hurt the Heat’s chances of recruiting stronger talent and will put James in a contract that will last much longer.
So what will it be? Smaller deal? Free agent? Or maximum dollar signs?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here