*Drumroll…..The highly anticipated role of Bobby Brown in Lifetime’s Whitney Houston biopic will go to Arlen Escarpeta, an actor whose resume includes “Final Destinaton 5,” and “We Are Marshall,” reports Deadline.com.
Escarpeta will play opposite Yaya DaCosta as Whitney in the film, now officially titled, “I Will Always Love You: The Whitney Houston Story.”
Helmed by Angela Bassett in her directorial debut, the biopic chronicles the tumultuous relationship between Houston (DaCosta) and singer-songwriter Bobby Brown — from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity through their courtship and rocky marriage, all during Whitney’s meteoric rise as a singer, actress and model. It’s slated for a 2015 premiere.
As previously reported, actress Yolonda Ross (“Go For Sisters”) was cast as Whitney’s lifelong friend and rumored lover Robyn Crawford.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here