*Drumroll…..The highly anticipated role of Bobby Brown in Lifetime’s Whitney Houston biopic will go to Arlen Escarpeta, an actor whose resume includes “Final Destinaton 5,” and “We Are Marshall,” reports Deadline.com.
Escarpeta will play opposite Yaya DaCosta as Whitney in the film, now officially titled, “I Will Always Love You: The Whitney Houston Story.”
Helmed by Angela Bassett in her directorial debut, the biopic chronicles the tumultuous relationship between Houston (DaCosta) and singer-songwriter Bobby Brown — from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity through their courtship and rocky marriage, all during Whitney’s meteoric rise as a singer, actress and model. It’s slated for a 2015 premiere.
As previously reported, actress Yolonda Ross (“Go For Sisters”) was cast as Whitney’s lifelong friend and rumored lover Robyn Crawford.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th B-day and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here