*Drumroll…..The highly anticipated role of Bobby Brown in Lifetime’s Whitney Houston biopic will go to Arlen Escarpeta, an actor whose resume includes “Final Destinaton 5,” and “We Are Marshall,” reports Deadline.com.
Escarpeta will play opposite Yaya DaCosta as Whitney in the film, now officially titled, “I Will Always Love You: The Whitney Houston Story.”
Helmed by Angela Bassett in her directorial debut, the biopic chronicles the tumultuous relationship between Houston (DaCosta) and singer-songwriter Bobby Brown — from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity through their courtship and rocky marriage, all during Whitney’s meteoric rise as a singer, actress and model. It’s slated for a 2015 premiere.
As previously reported, actress Yolonda Ross (“Go For Sisters”) was cast as Whitney’s lifelong friend and rumored lover Robyn Crawford.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here