*Drumroll…..The highly anticipated role of Bobby Brown in Lifetime’s Whitney Houston biopic will go to Arlen Escarpeta, an actor whose resume includes “Final Destinaton 5,” and “We Are Marshall,” reports Deadline.com.
Escarpeta will play opposite Yaya DaCosta as Whitney in the film, now officially titled, “I Will Always Love You: The Whitney Houston Story.”
Helmed by Angela Bassett in her directorial debut, the biopic chronicles the tumultuous relationship between Houston (DaCosta) and singer-songwriter Bobby Brown — from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity through their courtship and rocky marriage, all during Whitney’s meteoric rise as a singer, actress and model. It’s slated for a 2015 premiere.
As previously reported, actress Yolonda Ross (“Go For Sisters”) was cast as Whitney’s lifelong friend and rumored lover Robyn Crawford.
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here