*Lupe Fiasco thinks Justin Bieber has been let off easy following his racist tapes, with so many of his black friends quick to come to his defense.
The pop star has been under fire this week after the leak of two videos, which showed him using the N-word as part of a joke and singing about joining the Ku Klux Klan.
Young Money’s Mack Maine and Lil Wayne, as well as boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Bieber’s mentor Usher are supporting Bieber through the scandal, and Lupe Fiasco is convinced it’s only because of his pop star status.
The rapper even compares Bieber to former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who was forced to sell the team following the leak of a tape on which he was also heard making racist comments.
Fiasco tells MTV: “Justin Bieber said it (so) it’s cool, and people are already coming to his defense. I don’t think anybody should be allowed to profit off racism. Donald Sterling made a billion dollars (when) he sold the team, and there was such an uproar about somebody who didn’t use the N-word at all, but then you have somebody who made a very racist joke about it.
“I wonder if Justin Bieber’s gonna get the same treatment as Donald Sterling? I don’t think he will… It’s an absurd thing. You get somebody who we ‘like’ who says it, and says it even more ‘racist-ier’ and we don’t bat an eyelash at it.”
Another black star to come out in support of Bieber is 50 Cent, who says the kid just “lost” himself after finding fame.
“I don’t think he’s a racist. I don’t think even he knows who he is at this point – he’s so young,” he tells Britain’s The Sun. “When you see people become huge stars real early, it’s tough for them. You have to grow up with all these expectations. I think Justin’s still a baby and he’s lost.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here