*Lupe Fiasco thinks Justin Bieber has been let off easy following his racist tapes, with so many of his black friends quick to come to his defense.
The pop star has been under fire this week after the leak of two videos, which showed him using the N-word as part of a joke and singing about joining the Ku Klux Klan.
Young Money’s Mack Maine and Lil Wayne, as well as boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Bieber’s mentor Usher are supporting Bieber through the scandal, and Lupe Fiasco is convinced it’s only because of his pop star status.
The rapper even compares Bieber to former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who was forced to sell the team following the leak of a tape on which he was also heard making racist comments.
Fiasco tells MTV: “Justin Bieber said it (so) it’s cool, and people are already coming to his defense. I don’t think anybody should be allowed to profit off racism. Donald Sterling made a billion dollars (when) he sold the team, and there was such an uproar about somebody who didn’t use the N-word at all, but then you have somebody who made a very racist joke about it.
“I wonder if Justin Bieber’s gonna get the same treatment as Donald Sterling? I don’t think he will… It’s an absurd thing. You get somebody who we ‘like’ who says it, and says it even more ‘racist-ier’ and we don’t bat an eyelash at it.”
Another black star to come out in support of Bieber is 50 Cent, who says the kid just “lost” himself after finding fame.
“I don’t think he’s a racist. I don’t think even he knows who he is at this point – he’s so young,” he tells Britain’s The Sun. “When you see people become huge stars real early, it’s tough for them. You have to grow up with all these expectations. I think Justin’s still a baby and he’s lost.”
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here